Chapter 471

Gabby's POV: After hugging Antonio, I gave him and Laura a moment to talk while walking over to Jay and Erin. They were currently talking about where Diego could be when I came to remind them that, even though their co-worker's kid is missing....Erin needs to rest. "Hey guys, just came to remind you that Erin needs to keep stress low."

Jay then turned to look at me and nodded. "Thanks for reminding us. I guess we are already caught up in this case because it is hitting close to home." I nodded and then smiled, grabbing Erin's hand. "Listen, how about me and you work together. I am not just going to sit around and do nothing. Jay, you do the leg work. I can keep Erin calm."

Jay smiled at me. "That sounds great. I am going to go talk to Antonio to see whether he wants us to go check some places." I then nodded and smiled before looking at Erin. She then sighed and moved to sit down. "This is why I never wanted kids in the first place." I was shocked when I heard that. "You having regrets?"

She shook her head. "No, I am just stressed. I'm a cop. We are targets and so are our kids. They are used all the time as pawns or tools to get what criminals want. And right now, in this day and age when it comes to gang crime and politics, who knows why he could've been kidnapped." I sighed and moved to grab a chair, sitting down. 

That's when I heard Ruzek complain that I took his chair. "Excuse me Gabby but, that's my chair." I then turned around and looked at him. "Uhm, may I remind you that I gave birth less than 2 months ago? I am pretty sure that you can stand and do foot work when I need to rest." Ruzek nodded and then walked away to work with Antonio.

Erin then just stared at me. "How the hell did you do that? Normally, only Burgess can get him to listen to her when she talks that way." I chuckled and smiled. "I have a secret weapon." Erin looked at me confused. "And what's that?" I turned and pointed to Antonio and Matt. She then looked at me, even more confused. "How are Matt and Antonio your secret weapons?"