Chapter 359

Matt's POV: As I finished getting ready, I walked out of our bedroom in a nice dress shirt and some jeans. Grabbing the baby bag for Antonio, I decided to just ignore him because I was still insulted. Questioning my intentions of helping a friend while I was engaged to another woman. I mean, yes we had feelings but...I never acted on them while I was engaged to Hallie. And to make it worse, Molly's literally opened on the week she was killed.

While packing the bag, I heard Antonio walk in. "Matt, can we talk?" I turned to look at him and sighed. "What is it Antonio?" He sighed and looked at me. "I'm sorry about what I said. It was wrong and I keep forgetting that you were engaged before." I nodded. "Hallie was my girlfriend from college through all of fire school. I think we were together for a total of 8 years." 

Antonio then stared at me. "Wow, now I understand why you exploded." I nodded and sighed. "I helped put her through Med School and then residency. So, it's not like she was just my casual friend whom I called my girlfriend. I was planning on marrying her. I planned on starting a family with her probably within two to three years of her dying. She was in her last year of residency."

Antonio nodded. "You went through a lot with her. You take on any of her debts?" I nodded. "Unfortunately, they rolled over onto me and Gabby when we got married. I am still paying for them because I was her beneficiary. But, I promise....I am going to try and finish paying them. Matteo doesn't need to have a burden from someone he never knew."

Antonio smiled and nodded. "Listen, let's finish getting my nephew packed so that you and Gabby can forget about this entire mess. Have a good night with your friends at Molly's!" I chuckled and nodded before hearing Gabby come in. "Here's some milk for Matteo. Pack it up. I am going to get dressed now so we can leave at the same time as Antonio." I nodded and smiled before looking at her, ready to take her out for a bit.