Jay's Proposal Part 2

Jay's POV: As I stood in front of Erin, I smiled as I grabbed her hand. "Erin Anne Lindsay. Since the first day I set my eyes on you at the district, I've been in love. Yes, I can see you all in the corner rolling your eyes and saying...love at first sight. Sure...but, it's true. Not many women have the guts or the stamina to run with the big boys at the police. But with you, I chase you.

And I've been chasing after you long enough. At first, we fought our feelings. We pushed them down, we tried to friends...how well did that work? We started dating...and life was great. Now, I am going to ask you the question I was going to ask before you left Chicago. Erin Anne Lindsay.,..." I stopped to get on my knee. "....you've already made me happy by giving me the joy of being a father. Now, will you do me the honor of being both my partner at work and in life?"

I then opened the box and she stared at the ring. She smiled and then put her hands on my face. She then turned to look at Voigt, seeing he was crying a bit. That must've given her all the reassurance she needed that this was the ring move because the next thing I knew, she kissed me and mouthed "yes" against my lips. Getting up off my knee, I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her softly.

I then grabbed the ring and went to put it on her finger. We then turned to look at Hank, Matt and Gabby before smiling. "Looks like there might be another wedding this year after all." Matt smiled when I said that before walking over to me and shaking my hand. "Congratulations." He then went and hugged Erin smiling. We were all starting to give hugs when I heard the door. "I'll go get that. Come down and eat after okay?" 

Erin nodded and smiled, hugging Hank as we celebrated our engagement.