Chapter 454

Meanwhile with Matt & Jay - Matt's POV: As I make my way into the nursery at Jay and Erin's place, I couldn't help but think how gorgeous this place is. I mean, they have a great house. "I swear, you guys really hit the jackpot with this place." Jay chuckled as he turned to look at me while standing in what was going to be the nursery.

"Well, we got an advance as to whether it would be available or not." I looked at him confused. He then answered. "Home was involved in a murder I worked. No living relatives, went up for auction and bought it. Appraised for 3x what I paid." I was shocked when he said that. "Only a detective could live in a home that was used in a murder."

Jay smiled and nodded. "We even have a roof patio. I'm trying to convince Erin to let me get a hot tub up there. We already have the BBQ and we're getting a patio set in the spring. However, I need a hot tub up there. It can double as a pool. Either than or one of those endless swimming pools." I nodded. "The endless swimming pool is a better bet. She'll be more likely to say yes to that considering kids can use it eventually."

Jay nodded again before walking over to the closet. "Just wondering if this closet can get any bigger." I laughed. "Unfortunately, that is outside of my area of expertise. I may be a contractor, but I am not doing a closet. I am only doing cosmetics. Sorry but, I also have a full-time job and a 6 week old son." Jay smiled at me. "What are the first weeks like?"

I chuckled. "All I can say man is enjoy your beauty rest because once they're born...you're up in the middle of the night. Oh, and talk to Voigt and tell him that you need to be at the birth no matter what. Honestly, I almost missed it and I totally would've regretted it. There's something amazing about seeing your wife give birth to your child."

Jay smiled at me. "Hopefully, she'll be my wife by the time our kid comes." I then stared at him shocked. "You're going to ask Voigt for her hand in marriage?"