Chapter 469

Gabby's POV: Once we finished the movie, I fed Matteo quickly before letting him relax in bed with Matt. I was now in the kitchen making us some pasta using one of my family's secret recipes. I never let Matt watch me cook this because it is only for blood relatives according to my mom. So, Matteo will learn it but not Matt. Luckily for me, he needed to rest.

I love Matt but honestly, he is doing everything for me. Between cooking, cleaning and taking care of me....I feel like Matt needs some time to rest and just have a day to himself. Well, a day where I am taking care of him. Maybe I should talk to Matt about that. Even though it may be useless, he can still know how I feel. That's when I felt him walk up behind me in the kitchen.

He moved his hands to my legs while standing behind me and then put his chin on my shoulder. "You sure I can't watch you make it? It's not like I can read it. It's in spanish." I then thought about it. "Good point. And honestly, I am pretty sure some of our in-laws know about it." Matt nodded and then smiled before going to grab a pot for me. "You need to boil water?"

I looked at him and nodded. "I haven't started it yet. Hey wait, what's Matteo doing?" Matt then stared at me. "Shit, he was so quiet almost forgot about him." I nodded and smiled at him. "Go get him and put him in his chair. Just move it so we can see it from the kitchen." Matt nodded before walking away to the bedroom again so he can get Matteo for me. 

That's when I heard Antonio call me. I went to answer the phone. "Hey Antonio, what's up?" That's when I heard him panic. "Have you talked to Diego in the past 48 hours?" I was confused. "Antonio, I never talk to him unless we are at your place. He is a teenager." Antonio then groaned. "Well, I haven't talked to him and neither has Laura. He was out with friends last night."

That's when I got worried. "Oh shit, where are you guys? You need me to come and bring you food?" Antonio desperately wanted that. "Can you stay after? We're at the district." I nodded. "I'm making our family pasta but that takes too long. I'll pick something up at McDonalds. A big mac okay?" Antonio agreed. "Sure thing. See you soon." He hung up.

That's when I stopped cooking and heard Matt come out with Matteo. He saw I was shaken up and rushed over to me. "What's wrong?" I turned to look at him and went to hug him. "Antonio can't find Diego. He hasn't talked or seen him in the past 48 hours." Matt got nervous and then hugged me. "You want to go be with him? I'll come with Matteo." I nodded. "At the district. I said we'll pick up some McDonalds." Matt nodded and smiled. "Then let's get going." He grabbed my hand and then brought me to the bedroom so we could get changed, pack some spare clothes for us and Matteo before rushing out to the car so that we could make our way to the district.