About this Pregnant Girl

A Couple Hours later as Matt walks around the firehouse.

Matt's POV: It had been hours since we last had a call and I was glad. This was exactly what Gabby needed a slow day at the firehouse. That's when I saw Severide outside smoking a cigar like he does sometimes. I haven't decided yet whether I would stop now that I was a dad but, for now...I decided to join him. Walking out to him, I smiled. "Have a spare this dad can use?"

He turned to look at me and smiled, nodding. "Pull up a chair and join me. I need to talk about your girl's pregnancy." I nodded before going to grab a chair we keep just inside the garage doors before putting it next to his. I then reached for the cigar he was offering before smiling as I lit it up. "Don't tell Gabby. She hasn't told me to stop. If you bring it up, she will tell me."

Severide chuckled and nodded. "God, this is going to be hell. I mean, working with my ex and also having to deal with this new girl." I turned to look at him and smiled. "What's her name?" He smiled. "Stefani." I nodded before looking at him. "Have you guys decided whether you are keeping the baby?" Severide looked at me. "I am not going to impose. I told her to text me."

I nodded. "Good move. I have an idea of what would've happened if I told Gabby what to do with regards to the baby." Severide turned to look at me. "Wait, you would've told her to end it?" I stopped him in his tracks. "No, never. Trust me, you do not ever bring that up. I actually want to have a healthy marriage. I wouldn't ever ask her to terminate a pregnancy. Religious stuff."

Severide nodded and smiled. "God, I haven't even talked to Stefani about that. Whether she has religious beliefs. What if she ends it without telling me?" I looked at him and sighed. "I can't answer that on the grounds that it would put me in the doghouse with my wife." Severide laughed. "You remember what I said at the bar the other night?" I nodded.

"Well, it's worse. Not only does she have you wrapped around her finger...she also has you in handcuffs and at her mercy." I chuckled. "Called being married. However, I wouldn't have it any other way." Severide nodded. "God, what if her dad comes here and tells me to marry his daughter because I get her pregnant. I want a good relationship with them, do I have to?"

I just glared at him. "Hell no you don't!" That's when I heard Gabby come out, obviously having heard the question. "Uhm, not so fast there Matt. Babies need their parents together if possible." I turned to look at Gabby and nodded. "So, you counter instead with dating with the goal of being married in the future." Gabby then moved to sit on my lap. She then grabbed my cigar.

"Hey, what are you doing with that?" She looked at me and then got up, going to throw it out. Walking back over to me, she smirked. "No more cigars for you!"