Part 35

Raman: Okay so done. Lets call the commissioner home and tell him everything with this recording as a proof.

Raj: Yes okay and Manik, beta we know you do not want to release this into media but we need to beta. The world needs to know what actually happened or the Vermas can play the victim card against us. 

Nyonika: Haan Manik and now, your name won't be joined with her as fiances anyhow. It's all over.

Manik looked at Nandini who smiled and blinked her eyes assuring him. Manik smiled back in return.

Manik: Okay Mom,Dad.

Nyonika: Bahot badhiya, lets get ready for puja now. Sab preparations ho hi gayi hain. 

Cabir: We men are ready only Mom. You guys go.

Nyonika nodded and all the ladies left for their rooms.

The men were sitting in the hall talking when Nandini's phone which was kept in the hall rang. Manik saw it and it was a call from HOSPITAL. Thinking, it might me urgent he went up to give the call to her.

He knocked on the door and .

"Come in."

Manik entered and as soon as that happened, Manik was speechless.

Seeing her all decked up in a traditional, simple not too worked yet beautiful dress, he could not stop himself from reaching and back hugging her.

Nandini smiled looking at him through the mirror. She put her hands on his which were on her waist.

Manik: You look beautiful.

Nandini: Well thankyou. You were here to say this?

Manik: Oh shit, you are looking that pretty, I swear I forgot what was I even here for.

Nandini faced him.

Nandini: I like that good?

Manik: Yes , and even if you would not have been this ready with these jewelleries on whichI don't think are anyways needed, I would have still reacted the same way.

Nandini: You love me that much.

Manik smiled at her.

Manik: You know what? I never ever planned to love you this much, nor did I thought you would be on my mind this often, always infact. Came as a total surprise to me but I love it and I love you even more.

Nandini smiled to her fullest hearing him. She hugged him. Manik kissed on her foorehead still being in the hug.

Manik: Before your emotional side comes out, I have successfully remembered what I was here for.

Nandini chuckled and came out of the hug.

Nandini: Tell me?

Manik: Hospital se you were getting acall, maybe its urgent. Here.

Nandini: Oh thankyou.

Manik: For? Nandini I have said this before , the relationship that we share needs no formalities between us. 

Nandini nodded. 

Manik: Waiting for you downstairs.

Saying this, he left the room.

Nandini attended the call.  It was from the reception asking her about some file and nothing to worry about. Nandini sighed , feeling relieved and went downstairs.

She went and sat beside Abhimanyu who wrapped his arms around her shoulders smiling at her.

Abhimanyu: Nandu, I just realized. Kitna time ho gaya hain na that we sat and talked just about us. Some sibings time?

Nandini: Why not Bhai. Infact mujhe to laga u have got some girl ki aap itne busy ho gaye.

Abhimanyu: Oh come on, you will be the first one to know even before the girl if that ever happens.

Nandini: Sweet of you Bhai, but I want you to prioritize whoever you get over me. Behen ko 2nd aur phir kuch saalo ke baad 3rd 4th pe rakhna padega.

Abhimanyu: Bakwaas mat kar Nandu. You know me well I thought. When I have to choose between me and you tab bhi tujhe hi choose karuga. You will always be the top one in my list even above myself.

Nandini sighed and nodded ending the discussion knowing it was meaningless to talk then but she did want to talk on this topic. She would never like it if her brother would prioritize her over his own personal life. Somewhere she was right, maybe but again if Abhimanyu loved her that much, no factor could change that love , not even Nandini.

She was thinking all this when she saw Manik looking at her with raised eyebrows. He definitely saw her pondering and getting tensed over this matter. Again, she did not think it was important to discuss that then and so she just nodded her head at him muttering a 'NOTHING'.

Nyonika and Ishita came down too. They all went in the temple of the house and started praying.

Manik and Nandini were sitting in the front.

Pandit Ji: Manik nandini, ye lo baccho arti shuru karo.

Nandini nodded and as she got u with the arti ki thaali, the veil from her head went down. And as it was important to have your head covered while worshipping, she tried to do it with her shouders.

Manik saw this and held her shoulders telling her that he would do it.

Nandini smiled at him. Manik did it for her. All the elders went all Aww on them.

They started doing the arti together followed by all other couples. Coincidentally, Navya and Cabir happened to do it together. 

Everyone returned to the hall after the puja.

Manik: Mom I need to go to the office along with Nandini. She needs to finalize the interior designs and then we will be in the orphanage for a while.

Nyonika: Okay beta.

Manik and Nandini left in Manik's car.

Raj: Ham log bhi commissioner ke yaha hoke aate hain.

They along with Abhimanyu and Cabir left too.

Nyonika: Ishita chalo ham invitation cards kuch bahar kar le , when kids return, they will decide which one to print . Navya come . 

Navya: Aunty you guys go. I will join you. Radhika ko sula du.

Nyonika and Ishita nodded and went in the study room.