Part 95

Nandini entered the house at 1:30 in the afternoon and she was surprised to find everyone in the living room including the Murthys and Mukti,Alya and Dhruv

"Hiii" greeted Alya hugging Nandini who was followed by Mukti.

"We missed you and you missed on a lot of fun too, Manik must have noted you , you would have enjoyed with us partying and shopping yaar Nandini" said Mukti side hugging her as Nandini laughed it off.

"I agree" said Nandini

"What do you mean? I bored you? " asked Manik in disbelief while Nandini shifted herself beside Abhimanyu who hugged her. The two needed to catch on a lot of things. The duo had not had a conversation in a while.

"Sort of" said Nandini with a tight lipped smile on her face which she was trying to control while Manik stared at her with a poker face.

"Someone just hurt your ego Manik" said Dhruv while the elders engaged in their own conversations and the youngers shifted to their fun banters.

"Nandini, you go change and freshen up, I will get your lunch ready" said Nyonika

"No Mamma, I am not at all hungry" said Nandini with pleading eyes.

"Not hungry? Why? What did you even eat which made you full?" asked Manik before Nyonika could say a word

"Manik please I do not want to eat right now" said Nandini and Manik nodded and said no more .

Nandini then went upstairs to change into comfortable clothes . Changing herself into a white light  worked kurti she descended the see everyone out in the garden and Navya in the kitchen who was working with snacks probably. She decided to help her.

"You need help?" asked Nandini

"No I am okay" said Navya not looking at her .

"Sure?" asked Nandini again

"Yeah Nandini, why do you think I can do nothing without you?" asked Navya . Nandini was taken aback

"What? What do you mean?" asked Nandini shrinking her brows.

"Please Nandini I am in no mood to fight right now, hame majboor mat karo ham kar lenge tum jao" said Navya. Nandini was fed up now

"Navya , I am not compelling you to fight, I am trying to talk to you as we did , but you know what we can never talk like that now because this Navya here is no more the Navya I knew. You are so much into your insecurities and negativity that you are not even realizing how you are hurting this family which is ours and how you are hurting me. Let me tell you now, I am not tolerating any of your nonsense, if you talk to me like that, be ready to have the same for yourself too" said Nandini fiercely and went into the garden to join everyone who were busy in Antakshari singing songs. No seat was vacant . She went and stood behind Manik who stood up to give his lady the seat . Nandini made him sit down again by pushing him down through his shoulders and sat on the sofa handle with her hands still on Manik' shoulders.

"There she is. Manik Nandini is here now. Come on sing" said Raj

"It is not my chance right now" said Manik trying to dodge but no one stopped insisting.

"Sing na Manik" said Nandini from his behind and now that Nandini wanted him to sing, he had to. Fab5 had not sung a lot in a while , everyone was so busy in their lives,personal and professional . Manik turned back to Nandini who was there with a guitar in her hand already. Smiling , he took it from her, and closed his eyes.

"Ask Nandini atleast what she wants to hear Manik" said Nyonika

"I know Mom" said Manik and tuned his guitar.
Looking into Nandini's eyes which were smiling at him,

Dekhoon main tujhe yaa
Dekhoon kudarat ke nazaare
Mushqilon mein hai ye dil mera
Maana teri surat ki hai chaandi sau ṭakka billo
Mere dil ka sona bhi khara

The song was Nandini's favourite these days, Manik had caught her humming to it and listening to it a lot of times. Nandini was totally into the moment, her favourite song from her favourite singer, nothing could be better. Manik got up humming and held her hands twirling her around.

Manik clicked her earrings hugging her from behind swaying and singing.

Ye teri chaand baaliyan
Hain honthon pe ye gaaliyan
Ye teri chaand baaliyan
Hain honthon pe ye gaaliyan

Everyone was enjoying the song and joined in Manik

Sochne ka mauka na diya haaye
Main toh tere peechhe ho liya

"Woohooo that was so greattt" screamed Alya

"We could have recorded it yaarr" said Cabir

"No problem, agli baar kar lena. Well done Manik" said Ishita

"Thankyou mom" said Manik smiling at Ishita while Nandini still was in his arms.

"Snacks everyone" said Navya as she joined the rest with the tray of drinks.

It was a fun day with lots of togetherness and love, or the silence before the storm?