Part 55

THE MEHENDI+SANGEET CEREMONY.

The pool area of the resort was decorated beautifully for the Mehendi  ceremony. Nandini was in a simple yet beautiful,elegant  outfit for the ceremony. and Manik was slaying his pink embroidered mehendi look.

Nandini was sitting between Naira and Navya who were putting henna on her hands , the most beautiful henna a bride would have ever worn. Meanwhile, the boys were doing a rocking performance entertaining the girls and others. Even if you have thousands of evil people around you, just  a handful of loving ones are enough to protect you,to love you. That was the case here, despite of having people who continuously bring each other down, this big family had the love of each other to go on and conquer the world.

Nandini was in all these thoughts when the lights went off. By now, her mehendi was done. Naira and Navya sat at the back getting their mehendis done , along with everyone else. Soon all of them were done, the ladies sat back at the corners waiting for the henna to dry enjoying the dancers,singers,performers performing .

Swarna: I agree that rich people don't dance sing and all and they hire people to do so [ar itna bhi ky ameer hona ki khud ki shaadi me khud ke parivaar wale nache gaye hi na? Shaadiyan to hamare time me hoti thi.

Raj interrupted her and said: Bhabhi ji its not that like that, let the whole family be free with this henna phir to puri raat hamari hai.

Cabir: Exactly Papa,abhi to party shuru hui hai, Right guys?

Everyone hooted over this radiating joy and happiness in  the environment overcoming the venom 'someone' tried to spit.

All this while Nyonika and Ishita were attending Nandini time to time.

Nyonika came to Nandini : Do you need something Nandini?

Nandini smiled at her and refused. 

Nyonika: Sure?

Nandini: Yes Mamma.

1 hour later

Cabir : Okay attention guys, now that almost alll of you are free with your henna so ready to rock on the dance floor?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Cabir: Great! Also, whoever is tired and is not ready to get all nasty today, we request you to have a wholesome rest in your beds for now kyuki Malhotras aur Murthys saath me hai, maze to alag level ke hone waale hain.

The family chuckled on his words.

Mild music in the background increasing its volume slowly and slowly and everyone is n the dance floor. No planned performances, no planned steps but still in with the most beautiful wedding performance ever.

Everyone was dancing their hearts out ,literally. Sometimes,girls in a group, sometimes the air turned romantic with the couples dancing together.

Cabir and Abhimanyu while dancing , Cabir: Bhai sab ho gaya na ready?

Abhimanyu: Ho to gaya par sach me ye karna hai tujhe?

Cabir looked at him and gave him a mischievous smile clearly indicating no ways of backing out.

Soon, the extended family along with the elders left off to rest tired from all the dancing leaving the youngsters to enjoy.

All of them were served with fruit punches(maybe) and taking it as an energy drink, they drank it all up and now, they were no more the sheltered people from sheltered  families but literal kids.

Jumping , trippling , they were all enjoying.

The DJ played the best wedding songs. Manik picked Nandini up from her waist and turned her all around earning hootings from others. A hand on waist, another on her face swirling her like anything, the others having no idea what they were doing. Kartik literally picking up Naira till his head, they did not know what they were doing, all they knew was they were creating memories.

1,midnight and the music ain't stopping u'all. Abhimanyu and Cabir who knew what the fruit punch actually was were a lil sober and so asking the DJ to play a last bhangra beat song joined the others.  

All of them doing the typical punjabi bhangra fluently fusing in with the beats had the best literal sangeet night.

Nandini: Why did the music stop? Aur dance na please . Nandini said almost out of her senses.

Abhimanyu: Behen kyu marvayegi? Chal na ab baaki ki kasar kabhi aur .

Cabir: Haan bhabhi, before papa or uncle, anyone sees us all in this state and hangs me to death,lets go.

Manik: W-Why wi-will they hang you to death? 

Cabir cursing himself< : I meant all of us bhai.

Navya: MUSICCC kaha?

Cabir: Arey yaar chal na meri maate ab kal ha?

Naira: Pakka?

Kartik: Haan let's go and sleep I am so tired now.

Cabir: Abhimanyu bhai aap upar wale floor pe ho na? ye sabko le ke jao bhai bhabhi navya ko mai leke jaata hoon.

Abhimanyu agreed and together, the two helped everyone and themselves too.

This was and this intended to be the best nights of all other functions for the fam.