Part 71

"Here are the sheets,you all are supposed to write what you wish for this Lohri and we have to give it to the fire, the wishes will reach the god and he would listen to all of us" said Alya.

This was a little game that all of them were given. Everyone was given a sheet of paper, and they were supposed to write their wishes and later give it into the fire. In India,fire is assumed to be the ultimate natural link between human and god. We reach god through fire,the very reason why 'hawans' are conducted. 

Mukti gave it to everyone along with a pen and they began writing.

"You are not supposed to see what I am writing Manik" said Nandini pointing the pen she was holding at him.

"Who said that?" asked Manik trying to peek into her paper again while Nandini glared at him earning a glare back making her glare harder.

"You two , stop fighting. Manik write your own and stop troubling my daughter" said Nyonika looking at the two of them. Nandini chuckled at Manik who had an irritated face right now.

"Whatever" said he before getting up and joining the boys while Nandini continued writing.

"Someone has got a lot to write" said Abhimanyu who sat beside Nandini.

"Ummhmm" replied Nandini "Its eventually about you Bhai" said Nandini

"Me?" asked Abhimanyu baffled "Tab toh mujhe padhna hai" said he before snatching the paper from her hand as she was about to let it in the fire.

"Bhai" shouted she as Abhimanyu ran far behind Ishita while Nandini stood cross armed

"WHAT THE HELL" shouted Abhimanyu after reading what Nandini had written. He approached and gave her a smack over her head.

"What are you two upto? " asked Ishita seeing them fighting , though it was nothing new but they were surrounded by people.

"Read what your daughter has written over here" said Abhimanyu earning attention from other family members who joined them- Fab 5, Navya ,Raj ,Nyonika and Raman.

Not sooner did Ishita read than she started laughing followed by Nandini.

"What's wrong with that bhai? Mom needs someone to support her now" said Nandini to Abhimanyu

"Right,I agree with Nandini, I need  daughter in the house now" said Ishita supporting Nandini.

"Karvao shaadi mujhe kya hai phir jo aaogi vo tum dono ka hi sar khayegi , don't tell me then ki teri biwi aisa kar rahi hai and blah blah" said Abhimanyu before leaving leading everyone around to laugh.

What everyone failed to notice, was Mukti blushing all the time. 

Sound of dhol gained their attention. It was Manik and Cabir rocking the dhols setting the Lohri mood.

Manik approached Nandini and roamed around her playing the dhol all the time,she was smiling looking at him.

O giddeyan di raniye ni bhangre da raja
Aaja lakk nu hilaye hilaye non-stop
Naina nal pee ke aaj na jaavan talli haaye
Chaddi hi jaave teri naina aali dope

sang Manik keeping the dhol aside and twirling Nandini who was joined by Alya and Mukti

Nachde tapde tere nal sohneya ve
Khul gaye black color de
Mere val sohneya ve

sang Nandini while they moved their hands up and down.

Tu kitta jo dil mainu offer
Jhatpat main mann gayi