Part 87

"Naira" were the words that came out of Nandini's mouth which confused Manik for a minute. But as he looked in the direction where Nandini's eyes were, he saw her. They saw Naira working in a restaurant nearby with an evident little bump.

"She is Naira, isn't she?" Asked Nandini . Manik muttered a hmm holding her hands . Nandini was confused, shocked, overwhelmed all at once. She was confused as to why was Naira there, shocked to see her suddenly out of the blue in Bali, wasn't she in Los Angeles? Overwhelmed to see that little baby bump which was quite big for a second trimester mother. She did not know what to do , how to feel .

"Nandini you knew she is pregnant?" asked Manik. He was unsure but he could see through her. He knew she was not to shocked to see her in that state but just shocked to see her there.

"Hmm" said Nandini

"And you did not tell me? Or for that matter anyone?" the dejection reflected Manik's tone and Nandini knew he needed answers but what was more important was talking to Naira right now.

" Manik we will talk about this I promise but can we go talk to Naira right now?" said Nandini . Manik nodded at her as the two went towards Naira. 

"Ma'am would you like to have cream over the latte?"

"No thanks just get the order done fast please"

Naira nodded at the customer and turned around to stand still and shocked. Tears welled up her eyes and she hugged Nandini. She could not control herself from bursting out into tears . Nandini hugged her caressing her back.

-------------------

"What are you two doing here?" asked Naira.

All three of them were sitting in the hotel room right now. All three had questions in their minds and answers to none. Confusions were deep in all of their hearts.

"That's not important Naira, what are you doing here?" asked Manik "and infact, whatever are you doing here , why do none of us know about your pregnancy except Nandini" asked Manik looking at Nandini who was sitting with her head in her hands.

"And Nandini, looking at you I very well know you knew about the pregnancy as well as the reason of her hiding all of this and still you chose to hide, what are you sisters upto?" groaned Manik getting up from the chair.

"Manik please calm down" said Nandini.

"What do you mean by 'calm down'? Do you girls realize the intensity of this or for that matter intensity of what is ahead? And will you please speak now Naira enough of you staying quite" said Manik. He was obviously upset with Naira but more with Nandini . She could have talked to him for the least.

"Jiju, let's sit and talk please don't shout at Di na" said Naira , her voice was choking and Nandini was on the verge of crying too. That was not even the last thing that Manik wanted in that situation. He went and sat beside her holding her hands in his rubbing them. Not that his anger was gone but it was not prior to the love they shared.

"I am listening" said Manik waiting for them to speak.

Naira sighed and continued when Nandini nodded at her to speak.

"It was on your reception when I got to know that I was pregnant for half a month that day. Di was the first person to know. I wanted to tell family but not before Kartik and circumstances between me and him were not so good jiju. Not good enough to tell him about our baby atleast." said Naira and stopped abruptly

"Aage? What circumstances were this bad that you thought it was okay to hide the matter of your pregnancy from Kartik?" asked Manik passing a glass of water to Naira .

"We were having fight jiju . He thought I was cheating on him. What did you expect me to do? Mai jau jake batau use and then he would have said all that he shouldn't about the baby? What if he would have refused the accept the baby as his?" said Naira "what if he would have said that this baby is.." Naira was about to say further when she was interrupted by Manik

"ARE YOU MAD?" said Manik sternly "Are you seriously out of your mind Naira? You know what I am out of words right now. Were you guys even in love ever? You think so low of him and then you say that you loved him? Problems happen in each and every relationship Naira but this is not how you deal with them." Said Manik. The reason that Naira put front was totally illogical for him.

"What do you mean jiju? Are you saying that it's my mistake? Caring for the baby and thinking about its well being is my mistake?" asked Naira

"That's not what I am saying and stop shouting like that. IT IS YOUR MISTAKE MORE THAN HIS. Maybe he had his insecurities which led him to doubt your love for him but what surprises me is that what you said right now only depicts lack of understanding between the two of you, lack of communication, lack of trust and when your relationship was not strong with all of this lacking, why the fuck did you two even marry? Now there's a child involved and you two are behaving so immaturely. Just sit and talk . Even after being in a relationship for long and then marrying, where are all these problems coming from.And in fact , how do you know what Kartik's reaction will be without even telling him about it?" Manik put forward all his questions and thoughts and he meant every single word of it. If they were not sure about the relationship, if they had issues and if they did not trust each other even after being in a relationship for so long, why was it a hurry to marry? Naira understood a little of what Manik said but her messed up mind was not able to intake all of it.

Nandini was just being a spectator right now. Initially, she thought she had no right to reveal it to the family when Naira herself did not want that to happen and so she stayed quite but now she was in doubt, was she right here?