An orphan?

It had been hours since Odin and the warriors of Asgard headed to fight the battle of Jotunheim. Jotunheim was a cold cold place, home to creatures who were even colder. Frost giants. Their King, Laufey, was the most despicable, he had evil motives and he didn't care how much destruction he caused. He was selfish.

Jenna had since put Thor to sleep, he was grumpy when he was tired. He started to throw fruit purée back at Jenna so she decided it was time for him to rest. Jenna had never really wanted children, but little Thor has definitely had an influence on her choices.

She headed back to her room, it was tiring looking after Thor but it was worth it. Jenna stood on the balcony, she had changed into a shorter dress since her blue one was now covered in raspberry and peach purée, thanks to Thor himself. In the distance a clan of horses rode over the rainbow bridge. As they got closer Jenna singled out Odin on his horse, he had been tense since the breaking of the truce with Laufey, he was determined to set a new one, so far it seems to be good news.

As Odin rode closer to the castle, Jenna could see that he was cradling something in his arms. Jenna couldn't quite make out what it was, probably the head of a Jotun for his treasure vault knowing Odin. But there was something else new about Odin.

As soon as Odin entered the castle with said bundle, Jenna couldn't help but stare. What was he holding? He was being oddly delicate and careful. Usually Odin rode at the front of the army but today he was situated in the middle, protected at all four sides. Why did he need to be protected, were they all protecting the bundle?

Thats when she heard it. A baby's cry. Odin was cradling a baby, an orphan, but where did he find the little one?

Jenna grabbed Thor from his cot as he was just stirring and rushed to the foyer with him in her arms, holding onto him for dear life as he was just getting the grips of walking. She slowed down as she got closer to Odin, Frigga and the baby. Her heart had died down, maybe there isn't a traitor after all. Her eyes were met with Frigga and Odin peering down at a baby boy, he was large for an Asgardian child, and Jenna could've sworn that Odin was holding something blue when he was coming down the bridge. The baby had bright green eyes, just like Hela, it was a beautiful sight. Everything was silent, apart from Thor's baby babble. Jenna turned to Odin to ask him about the battle when she gasped.
"Odin, your eye, what on Midgard happened!"
"It's okay, I'm awaiting an eyepatch, Heimdall ordered the goldsmith to make me one. A sword was too close to my face, hence the missing eye." Seconds later a guard presented Odin with a golden eyepatch. It suited him, better than both eyes did.

The arrival of the baby took a toll on Jenna. His green eyes never left her mind. When she held him, her mind went to peculiar places. He always cried in Jenna's presence. When Jenna introduced Thor to the baby, there was an instant connection, brother's from other mother's. Frigga and Odin hadn't named him yet, it had only been two days since his arrival though.

Jenna decided it was best to leave Asgard for a while, if she was the reason the newest Odinson was playing up, it would be wise to let him settle in, and get used to the new surroundings.
Her father's mission for her had escaped her mind, she completely forgot about it. All she knew was that there were no stones on Asgard, and that she needed to search somewhere else.

After all, it is her duty.