Family stick together

Jenna stayed inside holding Dahlia in her arms whilst Loki dealt with Valkyrie. The ice was melted away from her body, afterwards Thor built her a coffin and lay her to rest in it. She was buried in honour right next to Heimdall, their graves a main part of the village centre.

Loki was so traumatised by the events that he locked himself in their room as soon as he could. He didn't want to bother and he didn't want to be bothered so he stayed away. After Jenna had carefully explained what had happened to Dahlia all she wanted to do was help but they couldn't risk her being involved, if she got hurt then no one would ever forgive themselves.

"How's Loki?" Thor dusted his hands of snow as he walked in, he had been doing Loki's rounds of the town for him because he clearly didn't feel up to doing anything.
"He hasn't left the room Thor, he won't talk to any of us." As she finished what she was saying a loud and painful scream came from upstairs, Loki was obviously hurt and full of anger that he needed to let out.
"Jen, try checking on him again, you and I know my brother better than anyone, I know he would prefer to see you at a time like this." Thor brushed Jenna's hair behind her ears and gently patted the back of her head.
"Can you do me a favour Thor? Will you send Dahlia up in a few minutes please?" Thor simply nodded as Jenna smiled and tip toed up the stairs.

She was hesitant to knock on the door but she knew it would do everyone a lot of good if she could get through to him.

"Darling, can I come in?" But there was no answer until the door handle flashed green and the door was slowly pulled open. Behind the door was Loki but no as she knew him. He was sat on the bed in an old shirt of his, his eyes red and puffy from crying, his hair a mess. The room was also completely trashed. Jenna's heart broke seeing him like this.

She lay on the bed next to him, as she relaxed Loki rested his head on her shoulders. Jenna wrapped her arms round him to pull him closer, placing a kiss on his forehead.

"How you feeling love, did the scream help?" She softly spoke as she angled her head to look at him. Loki slowly lifted his head so he could gaze into her eyes and tell her the truth but Jenna didn't need telling, his eyes told her so much more than he could. There was pain and guilt throughout them.
"I could have saved him."
"No Loki you couldn't have, neither of us wouldn't have been able to." Jenna sighed.
"We call ourselves Gods and we couldn't even save our son from a few snowmen!" He got progressively angrier.
"It was much more than that Loki!"
"Was it? Then why couldn't the daughter of the Mad Titan, the daughter of the infinity stones save her son? Why?" He was almost shouting at this point. Jenna stared into his blank eyes, why was he doing this?

She had enough. Pushing herself off the bed she made her way over to the door.
"Don't turn your back on me Jenna!" Loki stood,
"I should have turned my back on you ages ago when I knew you weren't coming back!" Her words shook them both. The silence was cold. It became a staring contest between the two.

Jenna regretted everything. She regretted it so much that she held out her hand until it was green. Slowly turning it anti clockwise.

She lay on the bed next to him, as she relaxed Loki rested his head on her shoulders. Jenna wrapped her arms round him to pull him closer, placing a kiss on his forehead.
"There's someone who wants to see you." She smiled, Loki slowly lifted his head so he could gaze into her eyes. Seconds later, Dahlia opened the door and poked her little head round it.

Loki smiled and sat up from his place on the bed.
"Hey sweetie." He cooed, holding his arms out to her, his face lit up the moment he saw her,
"I missed you papa."
"I missed you too." The bond between father and daughter was strong. Dahlia let Loki see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Loki looked down to his daughter then over to his wife, wishing only his son could be there too. So he decided to do something that brought back a time where the four of them were together in this very moment.

"I stormsvarte fjell, jeg vandrer alene" his soft singing voice was soothing, shortly after Dahlia joined in. He smiled, overjoyed that she too knew the words.
"Over isbreen tar jeg meg frem, I eplehagen står møyen den vene." Jenna watched her husband and daughter in awe until she too joined in.
"Og synger, når kommer du hjem." Now the three of them sung beautifully together.

Downstairs, Wanda and Thor were listening to them sing.
"They'll get through this, we all will." Wanda smiled,
"Even though we all have different backgrounds, we are a family." Thor nodded.

"And family stick together."