Home again

The drive back to New Asgard was a long and painful one. Images of the last week kept flying through Jenna's mind and there was nothing she could do to stop them, they almost caused her to crash a couple of times. She pulled up to the sign that read 'New Asgard' and all she could picture was the 'Westview' sign on the edge of the town.

Villagers watched her drive back through just as those in Westview watched her leave. They were relieved to see their Queen back after her prolonged absence.

Pulling up to her house made Jenna's heart flutter with excitement to see Loki, she had missed him dearly and couldn't wait to be in his arms again. She shut her car door and made her way to the front door. She paused before knocking and remembered when she knocked on Wanda's house for the first time. Before she could even knock Loki had pulled the door open and stepped out to meet her.

His smile was wide and his eyes were glowing. He placed his hands on Jenna's cheeks and gazed longingly into her eyes, they both started to cry but were laughing at the same time. Loki lovingly placed kisses to her lips before touching foreheads.
"I missed you more than anything Jen." He confessed, both of them still in the driveway but Jenna couldn't speak. Loki's confession had made her recall why he missed her.

Jenna lay wide awake the whole night. The endless cups of tea weren't helping at all, she had even tried taking a stroll around the garden, then she did a light jog, then she ran laps but nothing was helping her insomnia. Loki would watch her from the window, he still didn't have a clue of why she was away but he knew she would tell him. It would just take time. She hadn't said a word since she got home and it was starting to concern Loki now.

He threw on a jumper and grabbed the nearest blanket, he also made two mugs of tea for each of them. Loki gently opened the doors to the garden, shutting them behind him.
"Jenna." He softly called causing her to stop running and look over to him. She was covered in sweat, resting her hands on her knees.

Loki had set the blanket out on the grass and was holding a mug of tea out to Jenna. She joined him on the blanket and sipped at her tea.
"Tell me, I know it's what's bothering you." He comforted her.

"When Hayward called me asking for help he explained it was about Wanda. Maybe she had an anger outburst and destroyed a couple of buildings but apparently it was much worse. She had taken Visions body from the headquarters and her magic had created something called a hex. Inside this hex was a town full of people who where being held 'hostage' by Wanda. It had also created some form of sitcom that we watched on an old tv, each episode was a new decade, starting with the fifties. The main reason for the hex was to bring Vision back, she was successful, he was there. I ended up entering the hex during the seventies period. During that time, Wanda herself was pregnant...with twins. I watched the boys grow up, I became part of their little family."

Loki was so intrigued by the story, he was too stunned to speak.

"I was so happy to see her like that, she had everything she had ever wanted but it was terrifying that it was ripped away from her so easily. Pietro wasn't even Pietro. The nosy neighbour ended up being the villain of the story. It destroyed her Loki, I just want to help her but I can't. I don't even know where she is." Jenna sighed,
"I understand love, Wanda knows that she always has a home here, she will come when she is ready." Loki rubbed her back in an effort to comfort her.
"I know, it's just, I'm physically and emotionally exhausted and I know she is too."
"Look, you have both gone through similar things, she will confide in you."

"The only difference is, I got you back. Wanda never got Vision back." Jenna's statement made Loki go silent, even he remembered everything that had happened.

As the night got colder the pair resorted to the warmth of their bed. Jenna was finally drifting off to sleep when Loki spoke.
"Jen, I have some news...Thor is returning." He announced, but it seemed that Jenna was already asleep. Little did Loki know, she had fallen asleep with the biggest smile on her face.

Thor was returning.