It's your duty

Jenna couldn't quite believe that this was her new home. As she followed Valkyrie back down the cliff, she got her first proper glimpse of the village, and it was absolutely beautiful. The atmosphere made her feel relaxed and collected, two emotions she hadn't felt in a long long time.

They were almost in the village centre when Jenna stopped in her tracks, causing Valkyrie to stop too,
"V, will you do me the honour of being my lady in waiting?" Jenna asked with hopeful eyes,
"What made you think I would say no?" Valkyrie smirked. Jenna stayed silent, surprised at Valkyrie's word choices, "Jen, I can read you like a book. Of course I will be your lady in waiting." For the first time in forever, their smiles were genuine.

Jenna followed Valkyrie through the village and up a path, leading to a large house that was slightly higher up than the rest. Its exterior was a mixture of brickwork, light green paint and wood, it also had a large balcony that overlooked the village centre. Jenna couldn't believe her eyes.
"It used to be an old barn, but we spent time converting it over the last five years. It was supposed to be for Thor but he wanted to pass it down to you." Valkyrie explained as she opened the doors, letting Jenna inside her new home.

As soon as they stepped through the door, they stepped into a small living area with a bar table to the right of it and a couple of armchairs. She put her car keys down in the dish in the middle of the table before walking through to the main living room and kitchen. There were multiple large sofas, the kitchen had a wooden island placed directly in the centre of the room. Jenna made her way back to the front of the barn where the stairs were, she kicked off her boots before running up the stairs. There was a master bedroom with an en-suite bathroom and a walk in wardrobe. Along with two smaller bedrooms, with one bathroom between them both. And another bedroom, which was smaller than the master, but not as small as the other two, it also had its own en-suite.

Jenna ran back downstairs to meet Valkyrie by the front door,
"V, I love it so much, thank you!" She cried as she wrapped her arms around Valkyrie,
"You really need to thank Thor, but that can wait until he comes back. You need to make an announcement to the townspeople, it's your duty now that you are Queen." Valkyrie nodded,
"If you gather everyone, I shall be there in a few minutes." Jenna smiled,
"Okay your majesty." Valkyrie winked,
"Stop." Jenna laughed, throwing a cushion at her.

Jenna grabbed her car keys from the dish and made her way out to the front to bring her four boxes of belongings into her new home. Thor definitely did a good job at designing it, the house felt a lot like the Avengers compound because it was modern but also had the vibe of New Asgard as it was comforting and rustic.

Before leaving to make her announcement, she had one more thing to do. Jenna ran back up the stairs, shutting the door to one of the smaller bedrooms. Whilst she was inside she created two glass coffins, one for Heimdall, one for Loki. She took a deep breath before realising their souls from her heart. They were each placed inside their coffins, Jenna taking one last look before making them completely invisible.
"I'll save you both later, I miss you." She muttered before exiting the room and closing the door.

She put on a smile and headed down to the village centre to see the people of Asgard once again.