Attack

A/N- this is just a warning for the next few chapters. They are a bit dark and I don't want anyone reading this to go and have nightmares. Thank you for reading if you are this far, we are just over halfway finished and I can't thank you enough:)

During the panic, someone had sent out a distress signal to any nearby ships for help. Due to the sheer size of the opposing ship, everyone knew they weren't here to help, they were here to take.
The loudspeakers around the ship fizzed before blaring out an announcement.

"This is the Asgardian refugee vessel, Statesman. We are under assault, I repeat, we are under assault. Our engines are dead, our life support is failing, requesting aid from any vessels in range. Our crew is made up of Asgardian families, we have very few soldiers here. This is not a warcraft, I repeat, this is not a warcraft."

Jenna felt herself go numb, she was hoping that help was going to come quicker than her father did. The ship began to shake, lasers were being fired at their ship. Screams echoed off the walls. Everyone was terrified. Jenna tried to create an illusion of anything other than this to calm down the crying children but there was no time. Large footsteps came from the halls, ever so slightly shaking the ship. Shots were once again firing, Asgardians were falling over.

In the distance she could see Loki, he was guiding people to the back of the ship.
"Loki! Help me please!" She shouted, waving to get his attention. He began to run towards her.
"Love I'm here what's going on?"
"Help me gather the children and take them to our room, they will be safer there."
"Who is attacking us?"
"My father." Loki's face turned pale, he nodded and they both started to lead the children to their room.

Thanos wasn't yet near that part of the ship, but the worry that one of his other children was seeping through Jenna. Her heart rate increased and her hands were shaking.

"Are you okay princess?" One of the young girls asked her,
"I am sweetie, let's get you in here." She ushered her into the room,
"Are we going to die?" She asked again, the question breaking Jenna's heart. She paused before answering, not wanting to give false hope but also wanting to not worry her.
"No one is going to die. I'll get Valkyrie to take you all to Midgard where you will be safer." The young girl smiled when she heard Midgard, she was twirling her hair in her hands.

Jenna stood up from where she was crouching and wiped her eyes with her hands. Loki came up behind her and wrapped his arm around her waist, placing a kiss to her cheek.

"Is that everyone Loki?"
"Yes my dear, they will be safe in here."