6. A Flicker of Hope and A Dread Realization

Izuku closing the door behind him, leaned his back on the door frame for support. His heart thundering and aching. Head hanging back, while tears slid down the corners of his now dull green eyes. He could hear soft sobs from the other side of the door. He wanted to go back in there, but he forced himself to stay put. This is what she wanted and he would respect her wishes.

Before he left, he walked over to Mina's dorm and knocked softly. Izuku was still rubbing off his tears when the pink haired young woman opened her door, surprised to see him in this state.

One look at him and she instantly knew that it finally happened. Mina embraced her friend in a much-needed hug and let him cry on her shoulder. It didn't take him long before he softly pushed her away, keeping his gaze on the ground. He didn't want anyone to see him at his lowest.

"Please, look after her. She really needs someone right now... I already texted Tsu about it..." Izuku whispered softly towards Mina who was trying hard not to smother him in a hug.

He looked so broken – so hopeless.

"Oh, Midoriya. I promise I will." Mina felt her heart ache for her friends. She really wanted to help them solve whatever it was that was going on with them, but she didn't want to intervene.

Katsuki was right, it wasn't their issue. This was something private.

Izuku quickly thanked her by bowing low. Then trudged away defeated towards his dorm. Before Mina went to Ochako, she made sure to text Katsuki to let him know it finally happened.

Once Mina was in Ochako's dorm, Tsuyu was already there hugging the girl, and whispering to her that everything would be okay. Mina, silently joined in on their hug, promising to help her friend move on as much as she could.

As Izuku made it back to his dorm hallway, he saw a tuft of white and red hair waiting by his dorm with another blue haired male. When Izuku got closer, both his friends patted his back to comfort him somehow. Without asking questions they took him out of the school, of course with Aizawa's permission first. Both young men had a feeling this was going to happen and knew instantly when Izuku ignored their messages.

They were trying their best to distract their dear friend and drove him everywhere around the city in Shouto's car. At first, they went to an All-Might merchandise store and got him whatever he wanted.

Izuku at first didn't want to burden his friends with this, especially since they wanted to buy him so many things. Izuku finally caved in when Shouto mentioned it was all going to be charged into Endeavor's card. The heterochromia eyed male, managed to rebel Izuku just a tad bit since becoming best friends with him. Still, Izuku was modest about what he was picking out. Even though Shouto insisted on getting him the most expensive things.

It did help distract him a little with the distress and heartbreak coursing through him. He was grateful to have friends like them.

They were currently in another store with many different heroes' merchandises. The store was so colorful with how many different types of merch there was. Shouto and Tenya, where arguing about who was going to get Izuku the figuring that was over one hundred dollars.

Izuku not in the mood to deal with their dispute, excused himself to go look around, while his friends argued. He wanted to get away because of the massive headache he was having. Not that he blamed them for it, he was crying earlier and still trying to not cry.

All the crying got his eyes red and puffy. It also gave him a ragging headache, Shouto tried to use his cold hand to lessen the swelling when they drove out of campus, which only helped a little. Izuku wished he could have taken something for the pain before they left though.