42. USJ Training Battle

(Warning! Slight Manga spoilers!)

Getting inside the bus and practically feeling everyone's eyes. Y/n tried to hurry to the back where she saw a mop of crimson and snow mesh of hair. She always liked to sit next to him because of how warm he ran. Well with Katsuki too, but he was currently avoiding eye contact with her and was yelling at Eijirou about something he did again. She also noticed that Katsuki had a tight grip on Izuku's back, not letting the poor young man leave, even though he was trying with all his might to not get his hero suit ripped.

Shouto had his eyes closed during the whole ordeal, he hadn't felt like this since he was little. He didn't know if it was a good or bad thing.

When he saw her, his throat went completely dry like a desert, it felt as though he's never tasted water in his life. He didn't know what to do with himself, and when he felt his fire quirk ignite, a few flames leaving his fingers he knew he had to get away. Now though, he was regretting it. His eyes hadn't left her figure and with each stride she took when he watched her from inside the bus while she was outside gracing everyone with her presence, he somehow felt deprived.

She looked so confident and graceful, gliding like the water he so desperately needed. She was his princess after all, everything about Y/n was gentle, loving, and delicate – though fire burned behind those e/c eyes of hers. When she talked people would eagerly listen. Wherever Y/n went she always brought light with her. Just by being in the room everyone's mood always brightened up a little, especially for him.

He felt as though he could see clearly for the first time in his life, calm and alive. Two contradicting feelings that had him question his sanity. What was she doing to him?

"Hey handsome, is this seat taken?"

Y/n asked Shouto who looked towards her with a growing smile, interrupting his frenzied thoughts. Like sunlight appearing in the dark sky right after a storm, and gently calming everything back into serenity.

"Not at all." Shouto made room to let his girlfriend sit next to him.

Y/n sleep deprived laid her head on his shoulder already closing her eyes to take a quick nap. She felt a small peck on her forehead and smiled from the gesture. Feeling Shouto take a deep breath and exhale. Opening her lids half-way, she watched him from the corner of her eyes as he looked outside the window of the school bus. Wondering why Shouto felt so melancholy right now, wanting to ease his worries a little. Snuggling closer to him, Y/N pecked his neck, breathing in the lavender cedarwood scent she became so familiar with.

Shouto with small smile, felt at ease from the gesture.

He was thankful to have taken those extra minutes to calm down. Yes, he lusted for her, but that's not all she was to him, Y/n is his hope. Hope that even though someone can go through hell, they will always make it out at the end of the unforgiving flames from life. Seeing her smile brightly like she was right now, it reminded him of his brother Touya's smile when he was younger.

If Y/n could endure the pain and prevail, he was sure Touya would be able to, too. He just needed a reminder that he was not alone. The difference between Touya and Y/n was that Y/n was willing to sacrifice everything to keep her family alive. Her family was there for her and in turn she gave everything for them. If only Shouto could have been older instead of five and getting controlled by his father. He could have helped prevent Touya from losing himself, he could have stopped him from getting to the point of where he is now.

Meeting Y/n gave him hope that it was not too late. He would do everything in his power to bring his brother back home.

Hearing a pained whimper and feeling a bit of anxiety poke at his chest, Shouto was interrupted from his thoughts. Worried it was coming from Y/n, however, it wasn't this time. Him and Y/n turned towards the shadow of a figure standing next to the empty space on their left side. They were met with a fidgeting Izuku who was biting nervously on his bottom lip.