12. Scars and Memories

After Katsuki left last night. Y/n waited in the bathroom until Rosalinda went in to trade with her. They were both nervous. How could they not be? What they pulled was a huge gamble.

What if they get caught?

However, luckily after Mama believed Y/n took the drink she left them alone thinking she'd won. To say the night went smoothly was an understatement.

Y/n, the following morning was having a massive headache for how long she used her quirk. Her eyes were extremely sensitive to the light, and she could barely see.

Mama that morning was in good spirits because of how well her 'prized possession' performed for the after-audience hours. The harvesting went amazing, in Mama's words. They got so many men their captor decided to reward all the girls by giving them a free day. Surprisingly, she let Y/n take Miguel out of his bedroom, or how Y/n would call it his cell.

The older woman would only allow him out every blue moon, this was a rare day indeed. It would not be taken for granted, nor questioned.

Miguel was so excited, his e/c eyes were full of joy for the first time in a long time. Y/n almost, almost, forgot how many men were captured because of her.

Of course, Y/n needed to have a handcuff, suppressing her quirk which knew her location twenty-four/seven. Also, a bodyguard would be with them so they wouldn't escape. Rosalinda decided to tag along with them, since they were all practically siblings – she too wore a cuff to suppress her pyro quirk.

She also wanted to tag along to make sure Y/n was okay. She knew after using her quirk for that long, was hard on her eyesight afterwards. Rosalinda would be her sight while taking care of Miguel.

Y/n was holding onto little Miguel's hand as she and Rosalinda swayed him forward with every step, they took on the side of the beach. He also had a cuff on. He didn't have a quirk, but his location needed to be known too.

Mama knew if she lost him, she would lose Y/n. However, for Miguel, if any of them tried to run away the cuff would inject a lethal drug. They weren't sure how true this was, but they weren't about to test it out either.

Little Miguel was excited and pointed at everything around them. All the colorful lights and different smells of the vendor foods. They were walking down Takoba Municipal Beach Park, a small festival buzzing with a decent crowd around them. Which made it that much better for Miguel to enjoy. Y/n was extremely happy for him and sad at the same time, he was rarely able to go out.

This was the first time, this year he'd gone out.

She still remembered when this beach was full of trash. Miguel was allowed to come out a couple of years ago. The both played hide and seek together here. It became a favorite spot of theirs since a lot of people would ignore the beach. The day she saw the beach cleared up, she got sad thinking they'd lost their special place.

When she brought Miguel today to the beach, she feared he would hate it. Miguel, however loved how beautiful it looked, especially when the sun would set. His room art was inspired by this beach.

Seeing his radiant smile, made Y/n's anxiety calm down. Mentally thanking the person who cleaned everything from the beach.

The three of them kept their distance from everyone else. Staying close to the guard to not seem suspicious of running away. They could run to a civilian and ask for help, but in the end who would believe them? And they would not risk Miguel's life.

However, what Y/n didn't know, was that she's also being followed by a team from class 3-A. The next phase of their mission in rescuing said young woman was currently underway.