57. For Him...

(Long Chapter!)

Songs:

"Paralyzed" by NF

"Broken" by Anson Seabra

"You're Somebody Else" by Flora Cash (Acoustic)

------------------------------

"Ma, tengo miedo." ("Mom, I'm scared"). A small Y/n cried to her mom while tucking her into bed. Her small cheeks sunken into a pout. She was holding onto a lily for dear life. One she was gifted earlier that day when her parents came back from work. She always did like sleeping with them.

"Porque tienes miedo Y/n?" ("Why are you scared Y/n?") Her mother asked sweetly, running her hands down Y/ns puffed out cheeks.

"La mama de Rosie no ha regresado... tu no me vas a dejar verdad?" ("Rosie's mom hasn't come back... you're not leaving me too, right?")

"Claro que no mi niña preciosa. Voy a estar contigo por un buen rato. Y cuando llegue el tiempo de yo irme, siempre estaré aquí." ("Of course, not my little princess. I will be with you for a long while. And when it's my time to go, I will always be here.") Her mother pointed to her heart, then tickled Y/ns tummy, making her laugh to get out of the saddened mood she was in.

Oh, how the times have changed.

How badly she wished to go back to those times when she was still in her hometown and the world didn't feel like it was ending.

Y/n's heart felt as though it was ripping in two. The aching whole in her heart wholly engulfed her, making a ripple effect of agonizing pain wave from her to those around her. Her quirk, after seeing one of her loved ones die, became unhinged. She always questioned how her quirk was related to Hizashi, and now she got her answer. She knew by using her vocal cords through humming she could make her smoke intensify. And just like Hizashi could use his voice in wavelengths to hit his target. Y/n's empath aspect of her quirk was waving off her too. Like invisible sound waves, though instead of sound waves, they were waves of her emotions.

Of her heart ache.

And at the moment, she didn't care how it affected those people around her. For the life of her, she could not control her suffering. How could she? After witnessing Nemuri die in her arms, how would she ever recover?

Right now, she couldn't. She only had one thought.

Nemuri was dead.

The caring older woman who took her with open arms. Who was ecstatic of meeting her.

Was gone.

The person she was supposed to have a mother/daughter day after the festival.

Y/n begged the universe to just take her back. Take her back to a couple of hours ago before all this unfolded. Take her back to where she could have more time. Where she could still receive Nemuri's crazy texts and photos she would take of random 'hot men' when she was working at night. Asking Y/n if they looked good enough for her. Nemuri was a little sex driven and crazy at times yes, but she had grown a special place in Y/n's heart. In those crazy texts there were always glimpses of how much she truly cared for the h/c haired young woman. Giving her advice when she felt stuck. Y/n was still young, and though, yes – she was very wise at times, she always sought out a parent's advice. She did get it a lot from Aizawa, mainly, fatherly advice. However, Nemuri had been the one to fill in the void of Y/n's late mother.

The worst part of all this, was how connected she felt with Nemuri.

Yeah, she may not have been her biological mother. However, in a way she was. Her DNA was mixed with hers in all those experiments when she was younger, done by Garaki – which is why she had the quirk she did now. Y/n never got the chance to train with her mom in Mexico, with her telepath quirk. And she felt extremely lucky that even though her first mother was taken from her.