31. You're Not A Monster

(I just love them working together! Credit goes to the artist for the pic!) 

When Y/n opened her eyes, they were still so close to each to other. Foreheads touching, uneven breaths coming from him and her. Vermillion eyes stared into her e/c ones, flickering back and forth from her eyes to her lips.

It was tempting for Katsuki to kiss her then and there. The frustration from the morning and now, kicking in. However, he was a patient man in certain situations, preferring not to rush into things. Especially into something like this. He would wait patiently for the right time. It would come. This connection between them was so much more than just a simple hook up he was accustomed to.

His dormant heart felt alive for the first time in a very long time.

After what happened the last time, he was in a relationship he's been avoiding them like a plague. Only satisfying his carnal needs with simple one-night stands. Because even then, he wouldn't let his desires deter him from becoming the number one hero.

However, now with Y/n standing merely inches away from him he wondered what a relationship would be like with her. She always put others before herself, that was a no brainer. She was a selfless person. Sometimes too much, just like Izuku.

That was not the case with his ex-girlfriend though.

Always the one to reach out first, Katsuki was more the giver than the receiver, and for a while he was okay with that. However, with the way things ended between them, the relationship was not something he liked to reminisce.

And he almost lost a friend that day too. He saw him like a brother. Though he would never admit it to him. Torn between wanting to kill him and cry, he was glad they were able to move past the wedge his ex-girlfriend tried to make between them. And it took most of their second year to move past it too. They silently promised to never let someone come between them ever again.

Katsuki still had trust issues with girls who got close to him. His friends always tried to find rebounds for him, but he refused. He spent so many nights, locked up in his room after the night his heart was broken. The daily routine, of school, work studies, gym and then dorms – ingrained into him and becoming the new normal. His friends attempting and failing to get him out of the crazy routine, until finally Eijirou snapped at him.

Looking at Y/n, Katsuki saw the uncertainty reflect in her flickering scarlet and e/c eyes. Almost like a raging storm, torn between wanting to give in or fight off whatever this meant between them. He could feel her confusion and frustration run wild within him.

Letting the rational part of herself win Y/n lightly pushed herself from his grasp slightly fanning her flushed face.

"Sooo... um... you got any tips?" She was nervous, her voice wavering with uncertainty.

With heart aching and lower regions tingling, Y/n sighed out her frustration, both begging her to do something about it. However, still refusing to do anything right now, she decided to focus on her quirk issue instead.

She wanted to talk with her sister first, Rosalinda always gave the best advice.

After calming his fast-beating heart. With eyes closed, eyebrows furrowed almost in pain. Katsuki's words were barely above a whisper, "You need to control your quirk. I made most of the decisions, except when I gave you some control. Now it makes sense how Shigaraki was able to force you to relive your memories. I'm still not sure how he's connected to you. Though it makes sense to assume he was in charge the whole time."

At the mention of the mysterious man. Y/n felt cold chills prickle her skin. Remembering a reason why she couldn't just jump into whatever this was between her and Katsuki.