26. Interactions

"How is your head feeling?" he asked seriously making sure she was no longer in pain. As they walked down the corridor of the campus.

Getting on her tippy toes she tapped his nose, lightly laughing when he rolled his eyes playfully from her actions.

"Better, thanks to you." Looking away she sighed heavily, remembering they couldn't forget about her troubles forever. "Do you think Izuku, and Katsuki heard it too?"

"I wouldn't doubt it." Shouto stared at her fidgeting fingers, as she nervously shook her hands. He took it upon himself to gently intertwined his fingers with hers.

"Why? I wasn't using my quirk though..." Y/n bit the inside of her cheek tasting blood from how hard she was biting it in anxiety and nerves.

Not minding how Shouto was clinging on to her hand at all.

"You were." Shouto looked at the girl frowning, did she not do it on purpose?

"What?" Y/n's breath hitched, momentarily stopping in the hallway as her eyes widened slightly.

"When I found you, your eyes were red. You may have done it subconsciously, but I think you were calling out for help. It's good that you did, whenever you need help or just need someone to listen. Please reach out again, don't be afraid to."

Shouto tugged on her hand to start walking again, still holding on to her fingers as she silently took in what he said. Already enjoying walking side by side with him.

"Do you know who that was? The person speaking to you?" He asked side eyeing her.

He noted how she used her right hand, flinging it around as she got exasperated from the situation, while he clung to her left one. Squeezing her fingers gently trying to ground her again, bringing her back from her agitation.

Y/n smiled, thanking him silently "No..."

"I see." Shouto sighed.

"I'm just creating more problems." Y/n tried to take her hand away from his hand.

However, Shouto didn't let her. He turned her towards him, towering over her smaller frame. Him being over six feet from a growth spurt he went through over the summer, could almost reach his father's statue.

"This is not your fault. We will figure it out. I suggest we start training tomorrow."

Y/n tilted her head to the side. "You know, I have never exercised in my life. The only thing I've done is dance and starve on some nights. So don't let this." She motioned towards her soft curvy body, "fool you for being conditioned. You guys better not kill me."

Shouto chuckled from her puffed out cheeks. "We already talked. It's decided I would teach you hand to hand combat. Izuku will help you get into condition and Katsuki will take care of quirk control. I promise me and Izuku will go a lot easier on you than Katsuki will. He is not very merciful."

"And I have no say in this?" Y/n narrowed her eyes at the boy with a slight glare.

"Of course, you do. We were going to talk to you about it today for lunch. However, plans changed, I'm sure everyone will understand your absence." Shouto gave her another reassuring hand squeeze.

"Dammit, I really wanted to try all of the delicious food though." Y/n nibbled on her lip nervously.

"We can do that another day." Shouto calmly reassured her.

"I guess..." Y/n nodded reluctantly as she looked around their surroundings.

The hallways were naturally lit by the sun coming in from outside. Windows surrounded the outside of the school as walls. From inside the school, she could easily see the dorms and pathways, her and Mina were walking on earlier.