71. Rising

"Begin."

Taking a calming breath, heartbeat slowing down, Y/n heard the voice of her father sound around Gym Gamma. Standing in the middle of the dim lit room, waiting patiently for her test to start. Eyes closed feeling everything around her with the emotion part of her quirk. Smiling when she heard a loud and clear thought of who would come at her first through her mind, while using the telepath part of her quirk.

Eyes burning ablaze, watching intently into a spot of her pink smoke, her opponent came rushing at her. Thinking they'd snuck their way into her smoke without her noticing. The flowing misty pink fog surrounding her fully, like a dome encasing her in.

She used this part of her quirk first, to see who the brave soul from her class would willingly step in first.

Today she was showing Aizawa how far she's improved before taking the provisional license exam later that week. Of course, her father, being the sadistic teacher that he was, told her she would be battling all of class 3-A – alone. Well at least the students who didn't have work studies. Y/n knowing he would pull something like this right away, only gave him a knowing smile accepting the challenge with a glimmer in her eyes earlier in class.

Now, in the training room with her classmates, she was fully surrounded by her pink smoke waiting for them to attack first. It was much easier to defend, then to attack afterwards.

Mashirao Ojiro came in bursting through the smoke. Tail spinning, giving him momentum. Attempting to take Y/n out in one blow. It was smart, he was a heteromorph. Y/n, just like Aizawa could only completely stop emitter type quirks, sure they could stop heteromorphs from using some of their traits, for example like Mashirao's tail becoming limp when inhaling her pink smoke like it just did. However, that would not stop his physical strength.

Which is why Y/n grabbed him by his tail once it became limp, to distract him. Then swept his feet from under him. Hitting his nose with her elbow and quickly blowing purple smoke and commanding him to walk out of bounds from the middle of the fighting mat. Disqualifying him the moment he stepped out. Then going straight back into defense mode.

Y/n wasn't playing around today. This test was good for her, who knows how many villains she'd have to take on, to get to Tenko to grant him his wish when they finally met in the battlefield.

She promised him, and she wouldn't break it.

Keeping her concentration, Y/n waited for her next opponent. She hummed approvingly when she saw Tenya start to run outside the smoke to disperse it. She waited patiently for him to attack. Watching intently from the corner of her eyes how everyone else debated whether to jump in now that she wasn't as protected with her smoke.

Eyes on her lovers the most because she knew if they took this chance, it would be a disadvantage for her. However, they didn't move. Just like her, they were watching intently, trying to read her next move.

With a teasing glint in her scarlet eyes, Y/n used her telepath on her classmates for the first time. Using it on multiple people, like she did that night in the club. Confusing them when they couldn't see her because of her playing with their mind. They had inhaled her pink smoke and mixing it with her telepath aspect of her quirk, she could make them see whatever she wanted.

Stopping abruptly, the pink smoke working into his system and canceling his quirk. Tenya just as confused like everyone else – eyes frantic, glanced around for her. However, stopping when he felt someone tap him from behind his back. A purple smoke appearing on his eyesight, cursing under his breath when his mind became foggy. Red eyes burning in his mind, trapping him in.

Y/n with a tilt to her head, whispered her command in his mind, "Take everyone out."

This one task caused Tenya to take down most of her class out of bounds. Screams of confusion and fright sounding around the room. As one of their own took them out willingly, only using strength since his quirk was still cancelled. If it wouldn't have been for Katsuki, who was cautious in not breathing her smoke, and taking Tenya out with a blast – blowing him out of bounds already aware of what Y/n did. Tenya would've taken even her lovers out, who gave Y/n a proud glance for her cunning thinking skills.