11. Meeting The Explosive Blond

Before he found her, Katsuki made sure to cover his mouth and nose with his jacket. He wanted to help her, and he had an idea of what her quirk did. He wasn't an idiot. He just hoped his jacket would be enough to protect him from her quirk. When he saw a rushing figure go into the women's restroom, he saw h/c shining hair from the strobe lights up above as they passed.

Gulping down, he felt anxious when he looked around the dark hallway. His heart almost beating out of his ribcage for knowing he could get caught at any moment. Honestly, he didn't even know why he was down here. He expected this from his idiotic friends, but not himself. He was smarter than this.

When the coast was clear, he sighed in relief. No one else was coming.

He knew it was her when he saw her hair. Why was she so reckless, running in there without checking if someone followed her first?

Quickly following her trail, he scolded her in his mind when he found the door unlocked.

"Seriously? What if some pervert found her and assaulted her? Tch idiot..."

Sneaking into the restroom and making sure there was no smoke floating around from her quirk. He breathed in deeply. His lungs feeling with relief once he was able to breathe fresh air. He heard quite sobbing and a bang against the stall, that startled him. With quiet steps he made sure to look around the stalls, because he knew she wouldn't have done it.

"Good there is no one else here."

Locking the door behind him, his heart sank from the words he heard. His head whipping fast towards the direction of her voice.

"The world would be a better place without... without me..."

Katsuki heard her sob and felt his heart tug violently in his chest.

He's heard those words before.

The words which left his own lips many times before. The words of a small child who was probably watching another crappy Disney movie with her adoptive purple-haired brother and lazy black-haired father.

Did Katsuki, hear her, right? Was she suffering just like he had?

Was she suffering so much, her only way of escaping was to kill herself?

Katsuki got so angry at the thought.

How long has she been suffering this way, what were they doing to her?

He knows what guilt and pain felt like. Experiencing it when All-Might lost his quirk because Katsuki blamed himself for it. Still having nightmares of when he'd been kidnapped by the league of villains in his freshman year of U.A. High and the sludge villain incident when he was in middle school.

Full of rage for what he heard, he knocked on the door again after she didn't make any sound from the first knock.

"Open the door dumbass. I'm... I'm a friend." He stressed the word out, hoping it would reach her somehow. It was something that would have helped him at the time too.

He was leaning forward on the bathroom stall, both palms on either side of the door. Waiting for her to open it. He felt a slight spark of panic when he didn't hear any sounds from the other side of the door.

He wasn't late, right? She didn't...

When the door finally opened with a soft click, his eyes widened from how broken she looked. Her arms hugging her midsection as if to protect herself somehow. Katsuki's usual vermillion sharp eyes softened when she sniffled.

She was looking down away from him, avoiding eye contact from embarrassment of someone else hearing her.

He didn't know what surprised him more. How she blindly trusted him to open the door because he said he was a friend or the fact she was so depressed she wanted to kill herself to end it all.