86. Before the Fall

(Sorry for the long wait everybody! The next chapter will be coming out either later today or tomorrow. Had these two puppies ready, simply had to make some edits. Thank you for your patience and support!)

Songs:

"Fallout" – UNSECRET, Neoni

"Madness" – Ruelle

--------------------------------

"Everybody in position?"

Izuku whispered under his breath while turning on his earpiece to communicate with the rest of the heroes involved. Not breaking from character as he waited patiently in line for the food stand to hand him the dango sweet dumplings he ordered. He was wearing regular street clothes, and underneath them he was sweating from nerves through his signature green hero suit. Waving at bystanders as they recognized him from his hero work. He along with other heroes were scattered around the area, undercover and ready to protect civilians that were caught in the crossfire.

He was tasked to patrol the park with some of his classmates. It was a windy sunny afternoon. Everything for the moment seemed fine. The concrete walkways were busy with bustling people, others relaxing on the grass. Food stands packed with customers, waiting patiently for their food. The park was filled with laughter and shining bright smiles. It was like any other typical day. The sun, shined on his green curly locks – tufts of forest colored hair prominent from the sun-rays.

The water fountain and pond in the center of the park, gave the air a cooling effect. It was a calm mid-afternoon, the type of day he and Y/n would take advantage of to go for a walk and fool around the city. She also loved these dango treats. They became her favorite after he introduced them to her.

He was only getting them for her. Even though they were keeping bad foods away for the meantime, he couldn't help himself in sharing this with her when he finally saw her.

The young hero could feel his lovely angel somewhere nearby. It gave him confidence and strength to push through, for when this fight finally started. Last time during the sports festival, they were ambushed and unprepared, now however everyone was ready – ready for All for One and his followers to show up.

All day he'd been doing minuscule tasks, only going to stores that were evacuated of civilians far earlier. Hero's undercover ready to defend whenever the villains finally came after him. He was the target after all. Tenko warned the heroes to use Izuku as a beacon for All for One, and that's exactly what they were doing. They wouldn't have taken this route if it hadn't been for Y/n's connection to the notorious villain. In helping Izuku, Tenko was also helping her. And they all knew he would do everything he could, to do so. Izuku didn't like working with Tenko, he was a villain.

A villain and a hero working together was a paradox indeed. Of course, only the enigma of his wife would be able to make that happen. Coax two opposing sides to work together for the greater good, even though done unintentionally – today would be the day All for One would finally lose.

However, what they didn't realize at the time that in working together, even though great – someone would end up dying. They would become collateral. In playing the middleman, having connections to both sides would catch up to someone eventually. 

And Izuku Midoriya was nervous.

There are so many factors that could go wrong. He's been anxious all day, forcing himself to relax. Running over his head what needed to get done – the incessant mumbling taking over his brain. Avoiding the possibility of anyone getting harmed in the process. Of Y/n getting hurt. She'd be fine if she stayed with Katsuki or with one of them, and God knows the ash blond won't let anything happen to himself or to her. Neither of them would. Izuku would fight as many villains as he could to help everyone else, he was the most powerful upcoming hero of them all.