56. The Monster Within

(Warning! Huge Manga Spoilers! Character death ahead)

As The World Caves In – Sarah Cothran (cover)

Bloodstream – Ed Sheeran

Dancing With Your Ghost – Sasha Alex Sloan

Hate you – Seann Bowe

_______________________________

Chaos. Madness. Turmoil...

All around them mayhem was erupting everywhere. Civilians screaming and running away, while heroes did their best to keep the villains at bay. Quirks going off in different directions and clashing with others. Students doing their best to keep up with the villains. There were too many to keep count of. This was all so sudden and even if they were thrown off, they were trying and succeeding at keeping them off while giving the chance of those who could not fight, escape. There were many red feathers diving and flying around to remove people from the battlefield as quickly as possible. Burning hot flames erupting from the ground up to subdue those who had stronger quirks.

Screams of agony and confusion surrounding the stadium.

All of it background noise to Y/n.

This was not the first time she's experienced something like this, and she never thought she would have to again. The scared part of her, the little girl who was taken and smuggled from Mexico to Japan, was afraid. She was afraid. Not of her life, but of those around her. Those she deeply cared for. She was older and stronger now.

However, was she strong enough to fight her own friend?

The first boy she ever loved. The one that protected her until what she thought was his dying breath.

She felt torn and conflicted.

He was alive.

Tenko is alive.

This whole time, while she mourned him, drinking her sorrow away for a period of time while being trapped in the club. Finding solace in alcohol at a young age. All because she lost him. She'd found some sort of peace in liquor at the age of fifteen, until her brother snapped her back to reality. Because she still had Miguel and Rosalinda. Then she found, Aizawa, Eri and Hitoshi. Shouto, Izuku and Katsuki. Mina, Momo and Hanta. Nemuri and Hizashi. Mitsuki and Masaru. Hell, all of class 3-A, and even other teachers, her principal and other students from different classes. So many people she was able to connect with. So many people who were the reason for her to keep going.

However, this whole time. Tenko's been alive and her heart burned with so much pain for him and what this meant. All those lonely nights, she cried herself to sleep. All the days she wished to be with him and wished to have taken his place.

It was all for nothing...

He promised he wouldn't leave her behind, but just like everyone in her life...

He lied.

She felt like the world was caving in and she didn't know what to feel. Elated, pissed, or scream in pain. All these lies, people have been throwing at her have been really getting on her nerves.

Why?

Why did everyone always lie to her...

"Put me down." Y/n whispered hoarsely to Izuku.

Izuku confused at first, shook his head instantly disagreeing with her. Where would he put her? He sure as hell was not going to take her down below because of all the chaos. And she couldn't fly to be left all alone on the towers. With all the fighting happening down on the ground, those towers would surely be blown up.