32. Emotions

Izuku kept his eyes trained on Y/n, following every movement she made as she gave Katsuki simple commands. Doing minuscule things to prove Katsuki was under her control. He was making mental notes to put in his hero analysis book for later. It was faint but he could see purple smoke around his childhood friend. The same one Midnight sensei released. Except, the smoke wasn't floating around, it was attached to its target.

He told himself, his mental notes were more for her than him, but deep down he was geeking out. Even after all these years, he would still nerd out from different quirks. It was a habit of his, to analyze every quirk he encountered. A mannerism which was hard to break. His 'hero analysis for the future' notebooks, were always kept in his dorm, for whenever he needed them.

Something Katsuki still made fun of him for.

Izuku watched and took notice of everything, and when he noticed how Y/n kept rubbing her eyes with strained fists, his eyes narrowed suspicion. When she first started this, she wasn't doing that. A quiet signal Izuku wasn't going to ignore.

At the same time, danger sense from his quirk, One for All, started to go off, warning him about something.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, emerald eyes glancing around the room.

If someone was infiltrating U.A. the alarm system would've turned on. So why was his quirk sensing danger? He looked around the gym, trying to see if anything seemed suspicious, however, nothing was out of the ordinary.

And then he saw it.

Y/n was creating indented crescent moons on her palms from her own nails. The skin around her nails turning slightly pink. Fists shaking from the pain but refusing to stop from her task, regardless of the pain she felt.

Izuku wincing took a step forward when he saw a bit of crimson dripping from her hands now, for how hard she was digging her nails into her own flesh.

"Y/n I think it's time to stop." His voice came out strained and worried for her.

Why was she pushing herself to continue if she was in pain?

Y/n gritted her teeth, choosing to ignore the headache that's been eating at her. Eyes beginning to tear from the corners. Choosing to focus on the pain from her hands instead to keep pushing forward.

"N-no I can keep going." She nodded more to herself that to him, pushing to achieve her goal.

She could do this, she had to do this.

However, Izuku ignored her protest when the prickling on his head from danger sense intensified. Telling him to stop her. He jumped in between Y/n and Katsuki, appearing in a flash from using his quirk.

Y/n's teary scarlet bloodshot eyes, moved around from hearing his movements. It seemed like she couldn't pinpoint where he was at.

Of course, why didn't he realize it before... His eyes widened in fear.

He waved his hands in front of her slowly, wishing his deduction was incorrect. However, she only moved her head slightly to the side when she heard the swooshing noises he was making with his hands.

"Angel, please turn off your quirk." Izuku pleaded with evident panic, immediately unwrapping her hands from her own torture.

"Dammit..." Y/n whispered in resignation.

Taking notice of his quivering voice, Y/n finally closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. Stopping her quirk all together when she felt her head pounding achingly. The pain coming at full force, because of how long she was holding it off. Without meaning to, she whimpered from the pain. It felt like needles were pricking at her temples.