2. Only Time Will Tell

(Warning! Spoiler towards the end)

Izuku Midoriya, has been nervous all day. He was trying his best to concentrate in class, but how could he after hearing those words from his short brunette girlfriend.

"Deku, can we talk after school. It's important."

Ochako Uraraka had spoken to him with a solemn look.

He noticed she couldn't look him in the eyes when she spoke to him anymore. Playing with her short hair, something he knew she did when she was nervous.

Him, Shoto Todoroki and Tenya Iida, were currently in the noisy cafeteria of U.A. High. Eating their lunch for their break as Izuku contemplated what was to come. Ochako again ignoring him and eating her lunch with Tsuyu Asui at another table. Izuku recently noticed she would separate herself from their lunch table more often. It only made him that more nervous.

They'd been dating since their first year of high school. Now they were third years. Everything was going great until he noticed she began to distance herself more and more lately. It started after they came back from their summer break.

"I hope everything's okay, she's been very distant..." Izuku mumbled to Shoto and Tenya as they munched on their lunch quietly in the cafeteria.

Already aware of what was happening with the couple. Said young men briefly turned to look at the table the girls were occupying.

"She probably wants to have girl time with Asui. You are reading too much into it." Shoto responded after slurping his soba. Turning back to his meal and giving the delicious treat his full attention. He really did love those soba noodles, especially cold. They always had to be cold.

"I'm not sure Todoroki. She's been doing this a lot. I believe it's more than wanting girl time." Tenya looked over his shoulder at the table Ochako and Tsuyu were at again, worried for what was to come and how this would affect friend group.

Sighing he continued, "Don't jump to conclusions yet Midoriya. You'll find out after school what she has to say. No need to worry about it now." Tenya already had an idea where this conversation was going. The best he could do was to be there for his friend after the talk.

Shoto's also been suspicious of the way the brunette girl has been acting lately. She used to always greet Midoriya with a hug when she would see him. Even though that flustered his best friend to no end. He rarely saw that anymore. Ochako would always come up with excuses for not being able to see Midoriya. Always spending her time with Tsuyu or Mina Ashido.

Shoto looked over to Izuku and saw him play with his food, with the chopsticks in his hand. He felt bad for his dear friend, there wasn't much he could do either. Shoto and Tenya looked at each other briefly. Silently agreeing to be there for their friend once the damage was done.

Ochako briefly looked over her shoulder at Izuku, seeing how miserable he was. She knew she had to do it soon, it was tearing them both apart. She agreed to herself, to do it tonight. Today was Friday, they both would have the weekend to mend their broken hearts. She looked back at her food and sighed heavily. Tsuyu gave a concerned look towards her friend and patted her hand.

"It will be okay. It's better this way anyway, ribbit." Tsuyu, the green haired young woman tried to reassure her best friend.

"I don't know what happened Tsu." Ochako teared up form the topic. "Everything was great in the beginning. He was very attentive and would always be there for me. He pays attention to the smallest of details which is great you know?" She sadly smiled. "But lately he's been putting his hero training first and I would always come in second. It's horrible to be saying all of this, we all want to be heroes. Of course, we have to put that first." Ochako whispered, feeling the tears slide down her face as her heart began to ache again.