89. Wish You The Best

(Warning: Pure sweet and sad chapter. The songs just make it so much sadder, if y'all feel pain in this. Trust me, I'm there with you. Chapter farewell to our hero in the shadows.)

Songs:

"Wish You The Best" – Lewis Capaldi

"Love In The Dark" – Adele

"Let Her Go" – Passenger

"I'll Be Good" – James Young

"Half A Man" – Dean Lewis

"It'll Be Okay" – Shawn Mendes

"Angels Like You" – Miley Cyrus

"Leave Out All the Rest" – Linkin Park

"Recuérdame" – Carlos Rivera

"Over The Rainbow" – Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

"Till Forever Falls Apart" – Ashe, FINNEAS

"Mercy" – Lewis Capaldi

"If I Would Have Known" – Kyle Hume

"Little Runaway" – Benson Boone

"Visiting Hours" – Ed Sheeran

"Always Be 2.0" – Caleb Hearn

"Paper Houses" – Niall Horan

------------------------------------------

Breathing the crisp air of the dying sunset, Y/n felt serene when glancing at the fluffy white clouds. Guessing out loud what creatures, she saw in them. Giggling when her companion got upset at her, because clearly, he saw something else. Both laying on the soft petals of different colored lilies. Sky's painted in golden and red hues. The earth, giving them comfort from this tragic end.

It felt as though they'd been talking for days, waiting peacefully for their final time to come. Waiting for the metaphorical clock to finally chime for their last goodbye. Though, they didn't mind the impending clock coming to an end.

At least right now, they had plenty of time to say a proper goodbye. To reminisce about the good times. They've been talking forever – two friends meeting one final time. As though no time passed at all, as though they were never separated and were in each other's lives all these years. No doom, fighting or death weighing on them. Together, they'd take whatever time they could get.

It was a bittersweet goodbye indeed.

Hopefully, if they were reincarnated, they'd be able to try again. Because their love had obviously been with the right person, however just like damned lovers, it had been at the wrong time.

"Don't take this wrong..." Her e/c eyes glided to his own, "because I love spending whatever time I have left with you, but why am I only seeing you? According to books/anime and all that other good stuff, during the death process when someone passes away, aren't I supposed to see all the people I love? Shouldn't I be seeing a subconscious of everyone and not just you?" Y/n commented lightly, not knowing the truth of what Tenko had done for her. One of her hands intertwined with his own. Laying side by side as they recounted every moment they had together when they were younger.

Chuckling from her little rant, Tenko rolled his eyes playfully. Dark eyes holding a teasing glimmer. Humor dancing on his serene face, "Ouch... and here I thought I was irreplaceable. What happened to all those loving words you used to tell me when we were younger, what were they again..." he took a moment to think, "oh yeah, somewhere along the lines that I'd be the only one for you?"