24. Repercussions of Her Escape

(Quick note, Mina is the best friend we all need \(uwu)/)

Y/n and Mina were walking arm in arm outside on the school grounds. Mina was showing her around as promised. She quickly befriended the pink skinned girl with golden horns, black retinas, and golden eyes. 

When she woke up late in the morning, Aizawa stopped by to let her know her sister was with another staff member learning the ways of being a teacher assistant. And her brother was taken to his home to meet Eri, the little girl Aizawa adopted a couple of years ago. He mentioned she would be meeting her after school hours along with Hitoshi his other adopted son, Nemuri and Hizashi.

She was excited and couldn't wait for the afternoon to come by.

In the meantime, she marveled at the scenery in front of her. It was all so beautiful. The school was shaped like a gigantic 3D, H. It was the first thing that could be seen from the other side of the gated school. The dorms were behind the school with a walkway leading up to the campus. She noticed as they walked by how some students walked around without a care in the world, listening to music, talking, and laughing freely, others rushing to their destination.

Mina explained how some of them didn't have a full schedule and probably had to rush to their work studies. Something students did when they got their provisional hero licenses or if they were from the other class departments, found companies that worked with them.

The school consisted of four departments, the Hero course, General Education, Support and Management. For those students who didn't qualify for the Hero course, they were put into the other departments they signed up for as back up.

Y/n at the thought of taking one of their spots, felt horrible.

However, Mina was quick to reassure her. Even though she didn't take the entrance exam and was a third year, she was already a great hero. She didn't need to go through the program in a traditional way like everyone else did.

If Nezu and the other staff members didn't see the potential in her, she wouldn't have been put in the Hero course to begin with.

"You totally fit in with the uniform on. You look so cute! Where did you get the tights?" Mina asked intrigued on Y/n's green tights that matched the color of her pleated uniform skirt.

She put on the uniform that was given to her before meeting with Mina. The same clothes the pink skinned girl wore. Except instead of tights underneath, Mina wore long black socks.

It was the school's signature attire, grey jacket, red tie, white shirt under and dark green pleated skirt for the girls. Guys wore dark green pants, something Y/n was going to argue with the staff to get for the girls.

"Oh, um they were on top of the uniform. I figured they were part of it. Do you think it looks weird? I can take them off." Y/n looked down at her legs feeling insecure, playing with the ends of her skirt.

Then again, she didn't want to take them off because of her scars. She didn't want to be questioned on the slashes that layered her legs. The bumpy skin looked like she was attacked by a tiger. She was thankful for the person who left this little extra accessory. Clearly thinking about the way, she would feel.

Y/n always preferred to wear long skirts, or pants to hide her scars.

"No! Not at all, it looks super adorable. I'm sure Midnight sensei thought you might like the gesture." Mina added with a kind smile, noticing how Y/n became closed off, trying to hide her legs.

"Midnight sensei?" Y/n tilted her towards her new friend.

"Mhm, that's her hero name. Her real name is Nemuri Kayama. Did Aizawa tell you about her?" Mina asked carefully not wanting to say anything she shouldn't.