47. I Miss Her...

(Warning: Angst and lots of profanities!) 

Songs:

"Hold Me While You Wait" by Lewis Capaldi

"Human" by Christina Perri

-------------------------------------------------

Sweat trickled down his skin, as he continued to push himself past the aches on his bulging muscles. He's been doing this for the past three hours. Music blasting in his eardrums to drown out everything else. For every day she was not with him, he confined himself in places that would distract and exhaust him physically and mentally. To take his mind off this predicament they were all stuck in. From the constant feeling of the world being on pause and not being able to do anything about it other than wait.

For the days she's been at the hospital with no signs of waking up and feeling as though she may never wake up. Pushing past the aching hole in his heart, only allowing the numbing sensation that grew in his chest to engulf him fully. The red flecks in his eyes were diminishing slowly, losing its burn for not being connected to her. It was the only thing left of her that proved she was still in there.

That she ever existed.

The days which passed without her using her quirk on him somehow – the connection, began to wither. And he hated it. At first, he cursed this connection between them and was skeptical about it. However, as they grew closer, and he opened-up more, he began to feel otherwise. The connection gave him warmth. It gave him self-worth that he was more than just an angry person like everyone saw him to be. She'd helped him be in touch with his emotions, and though at first it was a nuisance, now that the other side of the connection felt so empty, he did too.

He could never go back to who he used to be before her.

Grunts could be heard around Gym Gamma as he continued to hit the sandbag with extreme force. His muscles ached and felt sore, begging him to give himself a break. He knew he was over doing it. However, Katsuki Bakugou didn't want to deal with the sorrow in his heart. Pretending that nothing was happening was better than the alternative. Izuku was barely holding on, only responding when spoken to. And Shouto, well it's as though he became mute. Staring off into the distance whenever they were in class, and he'd isolate himself into his room no matter how many times, Katsuki or Izuku attempted to drag him out. They didn't know how to help him, and it's not like they were any better either.

Not hearing the door to the room creak open, Katsuki continued his quest to dispel the ragging misery eating at him, it trying to leak out. Continuing to somehow stay sane, even though every night he visited and cursed at her for being in the same state he'd last seen her in. Not even a finger twitch or an eyebrow furrowed. No sign she may wake up. And to top it all, his parents kept asking everyday of how she was, because he'd told them about her already. Way before everything happened. He was planning on having them meet each other.

However, the day which almost broke him, he changed and stopped bringing her up when he called his parents. The light in his eyes, when he spoke of her dulled out when visiting them. His mother, the intrusive old hag as he liked to call her, noticed the change in his demeanor right away. She'd constantly asked to meet her, wanting to somehow help him because she contacted Aizawa and got the truth out of him. Understanding there was no fall out, and matters were much worse than what she thought.

Y/n and her son hadn't broken up, but rather she was stuck in a deep slumber no one knew how to wake her up from.

And Katsuki refused to tell her at what hospital the h/c haired girl was in. Only certain people knew of her location to keep her safe since she was the target, and they didn't want the PLF to find her again. Besides, he didn't want his mom to meet Y/n for the first time in such a vulnerable state.