3. The First Mission of The Year

After lunch, the class 3-A students were hanging around their desks chatting with their peers, waiting for their home room teacher to start class. They were excited to see where this year would take them. Though their first two years were very eventful, with fighting villains and the retirement of All Might – the symbol of peace. They were nervous to see what this year would intel.

"Everyone, take your seats." Shouta Aizawa, the raggedy black-haired older man grumpily grumbled while walking in through the large door and greeting his third-year homeroom students.

The students were seated right away into their own desks before he even made it to the podium in front of the classroom. They did not want to disappoint and anger their sensei this early in the day.

"Good afternoon Aizawa sensei." Class 3-A responded in unison. Making Aizawa wince slightly from their loud cheery voices.

It's too early for this, Aizawa thought, pinching the bridge of his nose. Already tired for the day – wishing he could crawl into his yellow sleeping bag.

Grumbling in coherently at first Aizawa went straight to business. "Welcome back from summer break. Today, we have some special guests from the Musutafu police department and Fat-Gum's hero agency. They want to recruit some of you for an ongoing case they've been working on..."

This perked some of the half-asleep students into paying attention.

Izuku being one of them and snapping out of the incessant negative thoughts of what was to come. Having something to look forward to – it was nice to finally have a mental break.

"We want to start off this semester by preparing you in real life battle situations. If you thought your first and second year was tough, you have no idea what is coming to you this year."

At hearing this, all the students looked around nervously to each other. Not knowing what their teacher had in mind, since he had surprised them many times before.

"The students who are called today, will have to take extra remedial classes to make up for the work missed. Be respectful and be on your best behavior. I'm speaking specifically to you Bakugou." Aizawa gave the ash young blond man a glare.

"Tch..." Katsuki grunted not wanting to get in trouble and miss the opportunity of getting chosen for the mission. He could hear his friends, Eijirou, Denki, Hanta and Mina snickering quietly in the background.

That got him more irritated than he already was. He couldn't explode on them now, so he would make time for it later.

"Um, Kacchan are you okay?" Izuku, his green haired freckled rival, whispered lowly behind him. Not wanting to get in trouble with Mr. Aizawa.

Izuku could see steam come off his childhood friend.

Him and Katsuki had a rocky relationship. They were best friends in elementary school. However, when Katsuki changed due to his quirk manifesting and letting it get to his head and altering his personality, he started to treat Izuku terribly.

Their friendship slowly started to turn into a rivalry of sorts as they got older.

However, since the beginning of last year and with All Might's retirement, they had come to a common ground and had fought less than previous years. They knew with the power of All-For-One, and the league of villains they had to put their differences aside. Besides they let bygones be bygones.

They've grown closer as friends, almost like brothers.

"Shut up, you damn nerd. I'll get them later at the dorms. They'll never make fun of me after I'm done with them." Katsuki chuckled darkly. Already coming up with a plan in his head for the perfect revenge.