21. Family Reunion

"You can't escape me little girl..." a high-pitched voice whispered from behind her.

Y/n quickly looked around and saw no one. She felt the rush of wind blow at her as she ran away. Holding on tightly to Miguel's little hand. Begging him to run faster. With the speed she was going at she was practically dragging him. She pushed herself to go faster, her legs burning from fatigue. Everything around her was pitch black, it felt like she was running in an endless void.

No matter, how hard she tried to escape her assailant, they easily kept up with her. She could feel nails grasping the small hairs from the back of her neck.

"I'm scared, sissy." Miguel yelped out beside her.

"It's okay, we'll be okay" she panted, attempting to reassure him.

Before she could tell him anything else, a cold hand grasped her from behind her neck. Making her scream in fear. Instantly letting go of her little brother's hand. Miguel e/c eyes widened in fear as he saw his sister being tackled to the ground by a tall figure.

He was taking small steps in Y/n's direction to help, however,

"No!" she screamed at him, making him jolt where he stood. "Run! Keep running..." she pleaded at him.

She attempted to kick off the person on top of her, struggling to flip them.

Miguel's small voice trembled. "I'm not going to lea..."

Y/n's eyes turned blood red, scaring her brother as her frantic wide eyes pleaded at him to listen. "I SAID RUN!"

Miguel's eyes glistened with tears as he finally listened to her and ran away, not looking behind. His tears tainting his cheeks as he cried for her.

Y/n looked back at her capturer and whimpered in fear.

"What did I say, Y/n. You'll never escape me..." Mama whispered sadistically as she brought a black sword down to Y/n's chest...

Y/n awoke with a startled gasp. Leaning forward with trembling hands, she gripped onto the sheets underneath her. Sweat coated her forehead and the back of her neck. Her heart pumping fast as she recalled those chilling words.

She touched her cheeks and felt wet liquid on her fingertips. When she looked down, she saw the watery evidence of her own tears. She noticed white bandages wrapped around her hands and wrists that weren't there before.

Once the confusion from the dream detached itself from her foggy brain, she moved her eyes around her surroundings. Furrowing her eyebrows and realizing she's never been in this room before.

Gulping down the knot, bottom lip trembling in fear, anxiety evidently took over her. Her breathing becoming rattled as she felt the room closing in on her. The walls becoming smaller and smaller.

This place wasn't familiar to her.

Where was Miguel?

At the thought of him, she remembered his fearful eyes as she used her quirk on him. It was only a dream, but she'd never done that to him before. He's never seen her, use her quirk either. Even in her dreams, she feared what he might think of her, so she avoided the whole quirk thing when he was around.

Her eyes wondered around again, she was laying down on a white bed, in a small medical room with no windows. The lights had been dimmed down from their brightness, making it easier to see. But that wasn't the problem.

The problem was this was a foreign place to her. She tried to think of the events from yesterday. Her mind clouded by images of her torment from the doctor.