44. Fighting For Herself

(Slight spoilers!)

Fuck was Izuku pissed. He wanted to, so desperately with his entire soul, go after her. He felt the burning desire deep in his chest that he knew were his own feelings, and not hers. Begging for him to do something about this. He pleaded his legs, his mouth, anything in him to say something to stop her from spiraling into self-blame for the life she was forced to live.

However, she was gone as fast as the wind that blew harshly against him. Reminding him he failed her once again.

Y/n never chose this.

And the pain he was feeling it's as though it rooted him senseless to the ground, dumbstruck, rendering him speechless. Leaving him immobile like a heavy boulder. He could feel tears form at the corner of his eyes. Was it because of her pain, or his own from being unable to stop her from leaving? It was probably from both. All the work the three of them put into having her see this as something real, and not fabricated like her quirk, went down the drain in a matter of seconds and all because of a couple of words.

All because of the person who broke his heart in the first place.

Izuku was never one to shy away from crying. His mother taught him it was okay for a man to cry too. It helped him navigate through his feelings and what each one meant. The Midoriya's were heavy believers of letting it all out, to cleanse themselves of the hurt and emotional ache. Right now, he wanted to sob for the throbbing ache he felt, the hurt caused on him, and the pain caused to the one he cares for dearly. Ochako could break him all she wanted to, but there was no way in hell, he was going to let her do the same thing to the person he's in love with...

Love...

He's in love with her.

He loves Y/n, and the truth hit him like a ton of bricks.

However, was it too late?

Izuku wanted to laugh hysterically, he loves her, and he let her slip through his fingers just like when they first met. A parallel to sand running down his fingers even though he tried to desperately cling to it. Disappointing her yet again, even though she didn't ask for anything, because she never did. He took deep breaths and pulled at the ends of his curly green forest hair in exasperation, the only movement he could muster at the moment. Of all the times for his love to be revealed.

No, no, no, no, no... He pleaded to himself. I need to get up. I need to stop her before she goes down this negative spiral that has nothing to do with who she really is. I know all too well what that feels like... but first...

"Kacchan... g-go find Y/n." Izuku gritted his teeth, his heart still ached but he would push past it.

He needed to. He felt the pain lessened a little the more distance she put between them, which was a blessing and a curse. Because he knew, the distance will only make her resolve that much harder to get through. Even if he admired how stubborn she was for never giving up in what she believed in, in some instances he hated it too.

Katsuki's vermillion eyes glided towards his rival and best friend. "F-fix, whatever the f-fuck this is..." Unable to form any other words, he breathed in through the pain burning in him as well.

Izuku could have sworn he saw him wipe his eyes with his gloved palm, but he wasn't going to dwell on it now. He knew Katsuki and probably Shouto were as affected on this as well. The four of them were connected in more ways than one. He just hoped if neither him nor Katsuki would get to Y/n. Shouto could reach her somehow before it was too late.

"I-I can take you to her, just tell me where to go. It'll be faster if I carry you." Hanta offered, already knowing how Y/ns location could be trailed like a map through pain only Shouto, Izuku and Katsuki had a direct line to.