22. Four Mysterious Connections

(Slight spoilers!)

Shouto now beside Y/n's bed as he looked down at her sitting figure. Stood obediently not knowing what to do with himself. She chuckled softly at his awkward stiff stance and slid her hand away from her brother and took Shouto's left hand in hers, pulling him closer. Squeezing his hand gently and making him blush.

She didn't know if it was intentional or not, but she felt his hand warm up as he held her, making her beam in response.

Rosalinda took Miguel into her arms as she made space for the two of them on the bed.

Y/n got closer to Shouto and pulled on his left hand again. Getting the hint, he sat down gracefully on the bed facing her. Still holding her cool hand in his warm one, he remembered what Izuku told him from yesterday. Without a second thought he interlocked his fingers with hers and used the left side of his quirk.

His left hand glowed a sunset yellow as he kept his quirk confined into his skin, carefully releasing enough heat, trying not to burn her. She felt warmth spread through the tips of her fingers all the way to her palm, making the rest of her body shiver in jealousy as it too craved to be warm.

Shouto noticed her body tremble. Giving her a small smile, he slid his warm hand from her palm, up her elbow and all the way to her shoulder. He hesitated at first, however, from seeing her reaction towards him he continued onward. Sliding his fingers delicately up her neck and then cupping her cheek, making sure to give her the warmth her body craved.

Y/n nestled her face snuggly into his warm hand with her eyes closed in bliss as he used his fire quirk to warm half her body. She wrapped her hand over his as he held her.

She wanted him to warm her whole body, yearning for the heat she felt on her left side to spread to her right too. Y/n opened her eyes and stared into his soft ones, thank you, she mouthed to him.

She pulled her face away from his inviting palm slowly when she remembered they were not alone, breaking away from their shared moment.

Y/n looked away from Shouto towards everyone else, "This is going to be weird, but just bear with me?"

E/c eyes clashing with mismatched again, her eyes changed to its signature crimson. Causing his breath to hitch when he felt their connection snap into place.

"I can't express how grateful I am to you..." Shouto's eyes widened slightly at hearing her voice in his mind again. "My brother means the world to me. I know you rescued him, and I can tell he trusts you. I'm sure you two bonded. It's hard for him to meet new people. So, thank you, for being you."

Shouto swallowed thickly and stared at her intently as he played with her fingers. There was so much he wanted to say to her, but where should he start?

It would take time for her to open-up to him, he knew that. He wanted to say the right things so shit wouldn't go down the drain like it did with his family's eldest son – his older brother. He wanted to tell her she wasn't alone and whatever she needed he would help her along the way.

Because torture and pain were something hard to forgive and forget. He was still haunted by what he went through. The friends he has now helped him a lot these past couple of years.

Nonetheless, pain was still pain.

"I um..." his soft baritone voice came out in a whisper. He looked over at her red eyes and knew his probably had specks of the same color glowing from the use of her quirk.

She smiled sadly at him, knowing her suspicions were correct.

It didn't take a genius to know she was the one who did that to Izuku's eyes and looking at Shouto's now, it confirmed it too. His grey eye and cerulean blue eye had crimson flecks which shone brightly as they responded to her quirk.