88. For You

(TW: Blood, death, and violence. We're almost to the end everybody! I'm just giving Tenko one more chapter after this, because he deserves it. Thank you again for all your support, I truly appreciate it! There will be a happy ending, I promise!")

Songs:

"Dynasty" – MIIA

"GHOST TOWN" – Benson Boone

"Running Up That Hill" – Placebo cover

"Without You – Extended" – Ursine Vulpine, Annaca

"Say Something" – Kadiatou cover

"Where's My Love – Alternate Version" – SYML

"I'll Never Love Again" – Lady Gaga

"You Are the Reason" – Calum Scott

"Pointless" – Lewis Capaldi

————————————

All of it was crumbling down. All their love, their memories. Their promises, their goals. It was all falling apart in front of his eyes. In loving him, she lost her life, and he lost it all.

He lost her.

"Baby... wake up." Izuku muttered quietly, voice trembling. Hands shaking. Afraid to touch her and make the injuries much worse. "Open your eyes, come on... please open your eyes." He kissed her closed lids, swallowing back a pained sob. Body trembling with aftershocks of sorrow.

Izuku carefully took her limp body in his arms. Emerald eyes blinking away tears as he stared at her peaceful face. Her lids were closed, small droplets of blood gliding down from the corner of her lips. She looked as though she was sleeping. However, she wasn't moving. Her chest didn't have the natural rise and fall from breathing.

That only meant one thing.

Being as delicate as he could, ignoring the blood that poured from her chest. Heavy tears cascading down his freckled cheeks. Heart thumping in his chest. Ache spreading all over his center, everything standing still for the young hero. Izuku prayed and hoped her eyes would just open. For her to wake up and laugh this off as though she was faking it. That the blood dripping from the corners of her mouth, be the cause of overuse of her quirk and not...

Not, what his mind was refusing to acknowledge.

This was far from what he wanted to happen. Her fingertips were so cold, obviously he knew the body took time to lose its natural warmth after... after...

Shaking his head, he couldn't even finish that thought. She hated to be cold, and he couldn't do anything about it.

Why wasn't she moving? Why wasn't she...

Quickly, laying her flat on the ground. With trembling hands, he began chest compressions. His hero training, kicking in. He had to keep her heart pumping. He would not give up. Their story does not end here. She wasn't gone. All the heartache and pain she went through while growing up. Losing all her family, her home. Her best friend. The growth and bliss she found, when meeting them, was meant for more. For so much more, so much more time. Many years when they would grow old and have it all.

"Come on..." He grunted in agitation. Holding back his strength, to avoid accidentally breaking her ribs. Using quick movements with both palms to start her heart again. "Don't do this to me." He whispered, with silent tears. Heart, beginning to weep as she made no movement. Refusing to accept, that this is how it all ended. "Come on angel... come on, fight. Don't leave me. Not like this... please, not like this. I c-can't do this without you. I won't do it."