25. Sharing Insecurities with Shouto

"Maybe I should go back... Maybe then this person will forget about them, and they'll be okay..."

She felt strong arms cage her on either side of her shoulders, forehead pressed closely to hers. Startling her back to here and now. The smell of lavender with a clash of cedarwood penetrating through her nose.

Calming her erratic thoughts.

"No..." out of breath from his run and aching heart to get to her, his palms slammed flat on the cool metal behind her in anger. "No, you are not going back. You are never going back to them."

Stressing out the word to show her how serious he was.

"S-Shouto..." Y/n whimpered, realizing the half cold half hot, male's body trembling from above her. "How did you? Did you... did you hear?"

Shouto nodded his head solemnly. "I did. I heard everything."

"I'm sorry... I didn't know..." she shook her head, afraid for what could happen to him. "I didn't know this would happen. I'm so sorry." She cowered into herself, scared of what her new friends would have to endure because of her.

Shouto felt a throbbing ache in his chest, grimacing when he felt his heart pound rapidly. However, he refused to stay away. He would not deter from helping her through this.

She wasn't at fault.

Shouto pressed his forehead further into hers. "Y/n please calm down..." he breathed out, clutching at his chest with his right hand.

However, Y/n wasn't hearing him, she couldn't. Her mind was coming up with gruesome scenarios of their demise. Anxiety clawing at her. They were going to die, and it was all her fault.

She wasn't strong enough to save all three of them.

It was different when she took the pain for others because she was the target. The people she cared about were used against her, to have her bend to whosever's will. She could easily do that, however, when others were targeted instead of her, she had no control or say over it.

She didn't take the threat lightly, how could she?

Shouto in pain looked over at Mina who didn't know what to do. "Ashido..." he tried to breathe through the strong emotion engulfing him. "Please find, Izuku and Katsuki. Make sure they are alright."

"What about you Todoroki?" Mina protested in concern.

"I will be... fine." He winced as he felt the throbbing ache of his heart again. "Please hurry..." he whispered, turning back to Y/n.

Mina nodded hurriedly to find her other friends, understanding Shouto could take care of this on his own. If he was acting like this, how where the other two?

Mina now understood why Y/n was so serious about keeping her relationship with the three young men a secret, deciding in her mind to help them along the way. They would need all the help they could get if they were on their own.

"Y/n." Shouto tried calling her again.

At hearing his plea, this time she listened. Remembering he more than likely was feeling what she felt. Opening her eyes, her normal e/c eyes where shinning red from her quirk still being activated. Silent tears streaming down her cheeks. Biting her trembling lip as she did what he requested.

Shouto's eyes glistened at the corners from feeling her immense emotions. He grimaced again as another wave of panic entered him.

Softened mismatched eyes stared into her panicked ones.

"Close your eyes, princess." Shouto pleaded again delicately this time. Using the same nickname from yesterday, that was beginning to grow on him.

Y/n did as she was told, still trembling in fear, hugging her knees closer to her as Shouto hovered above her. His forehead still touching hers as he leaned closer, making a little world only for them to exist in.