4. A Silent Agreement Between Rivals

One by one, the third-year students who were chosen got up and followed the detective and pro-hero. Walking down the hall, their footsteps filled in the tense silence. An eerie sound of shoes squeaking and echoing as they made their way to their destination. No one spoke as they went straight into one of the free conference rooms, already set up for them.

Once inside, they were all seated in a square formation, facing each other. Detective Tsukauchi and Fatgum closed and locked the door, getting straight into business. The young heroes in training were given a red folder with their names written in gold lettering.

Detective Tsukauchi faced a white board at the front of the square formation and turned it around. Showing photos of different people and red strings connecting them to a club that was in the center. Each photo with a name, their quirk, and job title.

"As you can see, each folder has your name. These are the roles we expect each of you to partake in this case, should you continue to move forward after we go over everything. Do know this case could take more than a couple of weeks. We've gathered intel and are ready to start phase one." Fatgum, explained to the students as they each gave curious glances to the board in front of them.

"Can we discuss these roles with each other?" Tsuyu wanting to know if she could ask for some advice, should she get stuck in what she had to do. Was the first to break the silence from the students.

"You can discuss the details with each other privately. However, not to anyone who is not in this room. Other than Aizawa of course." Fatgum answered with a quick nod. "Any other questions?"

"Will there be any other heroes involved?" Shouto the two-toned haired young hero asked hoping his father, pro-hero Endeavor, won't be on this case.

Their relationship is somewhat better now, though, still rocky. Shouto preferred to learn from other heroes for his third year even if he was still interning with his father.

"For now, it's only Fatgum and his agency for phase one. Once we move forward to phase two, Gang Orca, Best Jeanist and Gunhead have agreed to assist us. We would've asked Endeavor. However, this threat is not considered major enough to have the number one hero involved at this time. Should the occasion change he has been briefed about the situation."

At hearing this Shouto only nodded once. His heterochromia eyes glazing over with troubling thoughts regarding his family drama and history.

Izuku, sitting next to his aloof best friend, patted his back in reassurance. He knew Shouto's relationship with Endeavor was not a healthy one.

Shouto's grown to be a better person since Izuku helped him in their first year – after their one-on-one battle in the sports festival. Still, he had a lot to learn. Their first and second year of high school, Shouto began to open-up more. Taking the initiative to openly speak with his classmates instead of ignoring them.

Though he was very blunt with his thoughts. Izuku saw it as progress and took it as a win. He was learning from the kind gentle man after all. Shouto only trusted him and Katsuki since the three of them have been interning a lot together with the number one hero.

However, Shouto still had a hard time connecting with those around him because of his upbringing.

"Is there a reason why we were chosen instead of sending the pro's right away." Katsuki asked suspiciously, sitting on the other side of Shouto.

There had to be a reason, why students were being involved in the first place. If they had hero agencies already waiting, why would they need to have random third year's join in?

Not that he cared, he would still do the job and gain the experience. Something like this would be great for his record. He was planning on starting his own agency right away after graduating. He had no intentions in being a sidekick to anyone.