81. In Another Life

Songs:

Iridescent – Linkin Park

The One That Got Away – Brielle Von Hugel (Katy Perry Cover)

Train Wreck – James Arthur

Before You Go – Lewis Capaldi

Spirits – The Strumbellas

-------------------------------

Y/n, feeling elated, held onto very special rectangular plastic as she made her way to her dorm. Walking through the pavement cobblestone path, her heart soared for accomplishing the one thing she promised her father to do. Looking up at the big building, shinning from the sun, a big shadow casting over her. Her tummy swirled with enthusiasm. She did it. She passed the exam. All the hard work her father, siblings, friends, and lovers put into her, to help her pass – truly paid off. She felt on top of the world. Looking at the small piece of plastic in her hand, gave her purpose.

She's officially a hero now.

Though, the title meant admiration from supporting people, it held a huge responsibility she would not take lightly. Being a hero wasn't about the name, fanbase or money. It was about helping those in need, regardless of their views, regardless of what side they were on – their opinions when it came to heroism or villainy. Everyone in her mind needed a helping hand, one she wished someone would've given to her when she was younger.

Would have given to Tenko.

If it wasn't for him and what he sacrificed, who would she be right now? Would she have turned to villainy too?

Maybe...

There was only so much pain someone could take. Y/n always thought of death as a way out, instead of turning to hate – to revenge. It was her choice. Her beliefs or thoughts weren't always right, that's how she simply saw it. However, right when she needed someone, at the verge of giving up – they came. Giving her hope, resilience, and a fighting spirit. They came. Not just for her, but her family. Her little brother was given a chance in life, to be whoever he wanted to be. Rosalinda will become the greatest teacher in U.A High School, following the footsteps of Shota Aizawa and Y/n would make sure of it.

She couldn't guarantee her survival, but she will guarantee to fight for her loved ones freedom...

Freedom... Such a simple word that held so much power to fight for. It was something she deserved much sooner. That Tenko deserved and many more other people did too.

It was easy to fall into the darkness of shackles and oppression. God, it would've been so much easier on her if she chose to follow All for One instead of fighting him. However, past the rage, pain, and ache. Darkness was false freedom at best, the evil done if she chose that path would catch up to her eventually. Her father's demise proves that. He fell into darkness so easily before finding her mother and getting freedom. Though it was too late, he ended up paying the price with his life and with hers. Thankfully their children didn't meet the same fate. Thankfully his daughter, thought carefully of what the best route would be. And though taking revenge at the time – following All for One, like everyone else did would have been easier, so, so much easier. She knew it would only be a temporary fix to her problem.

So, she fought and fought to stay here, for her family. For strangers, because they too deserved someone, anyone, to help them out. 

Someone had to break the chain reaction of all this hate. She wasn't special, she never saw herself as this great deity who always chose right. No. She made so many mistakes along the way. The only thing she devoted her time to, was giving freedom to her brother and sister. That's all she ever wanted to do, her being kind to everyone else was simply second nature. And though she never did that for herself – the one person she is supposed to love the most, herself. She was finally learning self-love from the help of three very special men. From the help of her sleepy head of a father and brother. From her energetic sunshine of a little sister. From the people who suffered with her. Her friends who accepted her wholly, who welcomed her in. From people who would normally be enemies, but to her became friends in the most unexpected way.