15. A Sister's Bond

(TW: This chapter mentions blood and violence.) 

Y/n stared at the mirror in front of her, e/c eyes dead and blinking tiredly. She was finally able to see again after not using her quirk for a whole day. She should be content, but depression was eating at her again. Attempting to force a smile with no luck, no matter how hard she tried, the corners of her mouth would not tilt up.

Today she was supposed to dance on the top floor with the other girls. However, Mama had other plans for her instead. Y/n was due for another experiment. Hence, why depression was taking a toll on her so much right now. She hated these days, but there was nothing she could do about it.

They wanted to make is possible for other people to use her quirk, they would be selling it on the black market.

This meant, she would start off her session in a white medical gown, only for it to end up with streaks of red towards the end. It's these times of her captivity; she dreads the most. Y/n is strong. Still there was only so much pain her body could take. Sometimes she would experience a lot of blood lose she would faint, other times she would faint from the pain.

Her body was becoming weak by each session they forced her into.

Hearing a loud knock on her door, brought her back from her dark thoughts.

A medical nurse dressed in white, the same person who always came for her, opened the door slowly.

"The Doc is ready for you." She spoke gently, however, her facial features spoke otherwise. Her cynical grin could be compared to that of the Cheshire cat.

It was sadistic how she would stand in the back and record everything with that stupid smile. The smile which never reached her eyes while Y/n's body was cut open. They could always use anesthesia, but the Doc never saw any fun in that. He always liked to have the girl wide awake while he messed with her quirk.

Y/n not in the mood to fight, only nodded and walked behind the woman like a zombie. Behind her were two guards with a taser gun at the ready in case she decided to escape.

That was a first.

She'd stopped needing that since they threatened to start experimenting on her brother if she didn't behave.

"A little drastic don't you think." Y/n sarcastically laughed out loud. "I'm not strong enough to take the two of you if I decide to escape." She raised a questioning brow.

"It's for security purposes Ms. L/n. Today's session is going to be a tad different." The nurse turned back and gave Y/n a wink with her unwavering wide smile. "We've even managed to get another test subject." She squealed in excitement.

Another test subject? Y/n thought Why would they need another one?

The walk to the medical ward was short. The hallways were dark, not giving much hope in her current situation. Y/n with every step she took, felt like a part of her soul would crack. When they all stepped inside the bright lit medical room, which was Y/n's personal torture chamber. The young woman felt her blood run cold from seeing who this other test subject was.

Strapped unconscious to a medical bed next to Y/n's regular one was Rosalinda with Mama sitting dangerously close. A fake smile plastered on her porcelain skin.

Y/n's face drained of color from what this meant. Taking an involuntary shaky step backward only to be instantly zapped by one of the guards behind her with a baton, making her cry out in pain and fall to the ground.

There was nothing else she could do besides grit her teeth in frustration. This was not supposed to happen, she did everything in her power to make sure no one else, was involved.