Chapter 33

After those busy days at the cafe and also thanks to the help of Sanzu, Haru didn't have problems on handling it. After saying farewell to Sanzu, both siblings are on their way back to their apartment.

"Even though everything was different from the past timeline, I am actually happy that my friendship with Sanzu is still the same as the past.", said Haru in a happy tone as she remembers how closer both Sanzu and her after knowing each other. "Plus! Aren't Sanzu starting to call you aniki like in the past now?!", said Haru again while looking at her brother.

"Well, I have to agree with you. To be honest, it's also kinda weird when he calls me by name instead of aniki.", said Seiyu.

"Same as Takemichi!", said Haru.

"Haha~ yeah..."

As the both of them arrive in front of their apartment building, there's are a familiar face is sitting at the stairs in front of the apartment building. Looking at each other first and then looking at the person, both Haru and Seiyu were speechless. However, Haru and Seiyu decide to walk closer to him as Haru suddenly greets the person.

"What are you doing out here, Manjirou?", asked Haru as she knees down in front of Mikey. Mikey stares at Haru who smiles warmly at him like usual and then glanced up at Seiyu who is standing behind Haru.

Mikey doesn't know himself, on how did he end up sitting in front of the siblings' apartment. After the last time of torturing night, Mikey just can't stay still as he keeps feeling uncomfortable with his body for no reason. He doesn't know who he should confide with and the only person that comes to his mind is Haru.

"It's anything wrong?", asked Haru which Mikey just nodded his head while keeps staring at her. Haru then turns to look up at her brother, which Seiyu also looks down at his sister and then smiled.

"Let's go inside.", said Seiyu which Haru smiled at his answers.

Then, the three of them moved inside the apartment with Mikey who didn't let go of Haru's hand as both of them are holding each other hands from the front of the apartment building till they get inside their apartment.

"Have you eaten yet?", asked Haru with Mikey shook his head as the answer. Haru smiled at the man in front of her as she gently says to wait in the living room while she will be preparing for dinner tonight.

With Mikey and Seiyu are sitting on the same couch with Seiyu opens the television for them to enjoy watching it. It's strange though, caused it's not an awkward silence but comfortable silence between them. Until the news about Bonten was shown on the television. It's was silence again, but Mikey lil a bit curious sometimes. The man beside him obviously knows his real identities and the same goes for the girl himself obsessed with since Haru mentions to herself that he was the leader of Bonten when they at the abandoned building before, but they never make any reports about him to the cops.

"You look lil bit curious.", said Seiyu, causing Mikey lil bit surprised but he didn't show it. It's silent for a moment before Mikey starts to ask.

"Why did you not report about me to the cops?", asked Mikey with his eyes are on the television.

"Do you want me to report about you to the cops?", asked Seiyu back at Mikey which was received by the silence again.

"Let's say....I consider you like my lil brother, do you think I still could report it?", asked Seiyu with a warm smile on his face as he looks at Mikey with gentle eyes. Hearing the word of brother causes Mikey to turn and look at the man who smiling warmly at him and then turns to look down at his feet with his usual expressionless face.

"Brother....", mumbled Mikey. But lil bit he happy to hear it. He lost his brother once and many people that were dear to him. His childhood friend, his sister, and even his adoptive brother. People he considers as his family are no longer with him and now someone just said that he considers him as his lil brother even though knowing what kind of person he is now.