Chapter Three

It had been a little over a month since I ditched the cold New York weather and made my way to the beautiful country of Greece where I found an absolute dream of a house on top of a cliff and I really couldn't be happier. And damn, this feels great, I could really get use to this. Sunshine for days, incredible food, freedom. Not to mention the fantastic looking people, and the beautiful language they speak. (I like learning languages, okay?) Yup, suffice enough to say, I'm a genius. Should have done this ages ago.

    Finally putting all this money to use and I couldn't be happier. Really, I could just retire right here and never look back. No more worries, no more planning, no more scheming or running.. ya I wouldn't miss it. Not at all. (Sarcasm? Haven't decided yet).

     I mean really what would I lose? Money? The exhilarating thrill of pulling off yet another heist and reaping the rewards? The power, authority, and the image I have so carefully sculpted? Ugh, okay that is all pretty great too.. nope. No.

    Getting away from that train wreck of thoughts and back to my sun kissed skin and this glow that I am definitely feeling for myself; I need someone to share it with. I know what I was giving up when I went this route but what choice did I really have? Friends, family, someone to settle down with. That's what I traded this life for. Flings and one night stands as I leapt from one place to another for whatever job would come my way never really led anywhere. Shocking, I know. But it could? If I really stick to this retirement plan..

    Fuck, I'm really not good at this whole relaxing thing apparently. That's it, I need a drink. A really strong one. Or a few. Let's test out my bartender skills.

   About half an hour later I had a delicious (it was just really strong) drink in my hand and was back to relaxing, or just being too tipsy to care.

   And that's where my next surprise dropped into my lap. Almost quite literally. But that would kind of hurt, no?

     A bright light came streaking down and landed at the side of my pool. I couldn't help the giant smile that found its way onto my face. It had been a real hot minute since I've seen her and she's definitely a sight for sore eyes. Which was definitely distracting me from hearing what she was saying until she almost yelled at me.

    "Spencer! Earth to Spencer! Are you asleep or do you like what you see?" A smirk placed itself on her face as she realized I was kind of staring. Hey! You probably would too if you saw her.. and again I'm getting distracted.

    "Carol! It's been so long! You know I always like what I see when you visit." I finally speak as I stand up and make my way over to her, wrapping her in a hug.

    "You know that's what I like to hear, Bears." That cocky smile of hers making my smile even wider.

   "Mm well, you know I like to please." I say this lowly, glancing at her lips, which in turn sends a shiver over her.

   But then I remember I've only been here a month with no contact anywhere outside of here and how in the hell did she know where I was?

    "Wait, how in the hell did you know where I am?" Sometimes I just blurt out exactly what I'm thinking.

    She laughs at me. But I'm serious, so she says, "you don't remember? Damn. How many drinks have you had Spencer?"

    She has a fair point, I have no idea. My slightly unsure face gives that away.

    "You messaged me? Told me you would be here a while if I was coming to earth? Apparently that wasn't a serious offer?"

    This is why I don't drink. No. This is why I shouldn't drink. "Oh no, you know I always like visits from you. Drunk or not, the invitation stands."