Chapter Fifty Six

Spencer's POV

  She's leaving today. These past two weeks have been complete bliss. Minus a few hiccups. But the good times far outshine the few bumps that we were able to buffer out.

  It's felt like months instead of weeks but at the same time, it's not nearly enough. I want more. I don't want to let her go. But I have to. It's her job, and it's not my place to ask her to stay.

  We just became official and I'm not trying to jeopardize that already. And I'm ignoring the fact that this distance could do that anyway.

  It's new, but we're both willing to put in the work. Though it definitely hasn't felt like work, neither of us is naive enough to think we won't have stuff to work through. One of those big obstacles is me being the Ghost who is suppose to be dead.

We aren't crossing that bridge yet though.

It's hard not letting my mind wonder all over the place with all the crazy possibilities that we could face. So I'm trying to keep my mind focused on her and this moment I have with her.

We're laying in bed still. Her legs are tangled in my own, arm thrown across my stomach and head on my chest. The small weight of her is comforting. Her soft snores are music to my ears and I let myself get lost in playing with her hair.

I don't know how long I've been laying here while I've let her sleep in, but I can hear Yelena out in the kitchen, so it must be pretty late.

Before I can really debate if I should wake her up, she starts stirring awake herself.

I smile at her as she brings her gaze to my own. "Good morning, love."

Her smile warms me to no end. "Morning, bubs."
Ooh. That raspy morning voice is enough to send me over the edge.

I ignore it and force out more words though I don't want to actually do them, "want to get some breakfast?"

"No."

"Oh?"

"I don't want to move. I told you, you're comfy, so it's not even my fault."

  I can't help but chuckle at her, completely fine with staying like this forever. That is until her stomach gives her away.

  "Well, I think your stomach says otherwise."

  "My stomach is a traitor."

  "Or it's just looking out for your well being?"

     "No, it's just a selfish bitch."

   This brings a full belly laugh out of me. She just called her stomach a selfish bitch. All because she wants to cuddle.

  "Okay, fair enough. How about 20 more minutes, then we go get some food, yeah? Maybe by then Yelena will have made something."

  She nods her head in response, already drifting back to sleep. Fine by me, I wasn't joking when I said I could stay like this forever.

———————

   We did make it out of bed to find Yelena made breakfast for us, which we thanked her for.

  We followed that by chilling in the living room, just talking and enjoying each other before her flight back to the states in the afternoon.

  We're entwined on one side of the couch, Yelena on the other. Nat is currently passed out on me, so Yelena and I have been playing a game of sorts. We were throwing grapes trying to catch them in our mouths, but since we ran out of grapes, we resorted to tossing the remote back and forth.