Chapter One Hundred Nineteen

Spencers POV

After Nat and I.. reconnected, we decided we should probably go out to the rest of the group, sure they were curious as to what had happened to me.

Not that I'm ready to tell them the story but it will be a hell of a lot easier to tell the team than Nat.

And it's got to be done, so.

Here we go.

Nat gets dressed before getting some clothes for me and helping me along with the process.

I'm still healing, not even entirely sure I should be up yet, but no one said otherwise and Tony told us to come out for breakfast.

It's not exactly painful, but trying to put on clothes while making sure you don't tear open some stitches isn't easy. Of course having Nat help me actually makes me want to take them off.

But, we need to get out to the team. I'm sure we already made our reconnection vocal enough, no need to do it a second time.

"There. All dressed and looking adorable," Nat says.

My face goes a little read, "love.."

She kisses my cheek. I turn my head so I can bring our lips together instead.

"Mm, there. Now I'm good to go," I give her a cheeky smile before grabbing her hand and leaving the room to be greeted by..

No one.

"Um..?"

"Hello?" Nat shouts, hoping to get someone's attention.

We look at each other, both a little confused.

"Maybe they're out on the jet?"

"Worth a shot. Otherwise Melina must be showing them the pigs," she points out.

"That's also a possibility," I agree.

"Either way, we should head outside."

I agree by grabbing our shoes, handing Nat hers as I slip on my boots. I wonder who took them off for me.. actually I wonder who changed my shirt.. I'm pretty sure I was wearing the same one when I talked to Nat on the phone. So maybe Melina?

"Bub, you okay?"

"Yeah, sorry. Drifted there for a minute. Are you ready?" I send her a big smile.

"Guess so," she smiles back.

As I turn the doorknob and pull it open, I'm greeted by Melina, Wanda and Yelena.

"Oh. Hi," I give a small wave as I back away so they can enter the house. I peek around them to see if anyone else was coming.

"Finally, you're up!" I'm then brought into a hug by Yelena. Which quickly turns into a group hug with all five of us. It's a nice moment.