Chapter Twenty Four

Spencer's POV

      I'm here at the airport with a sign that reads 'Spider'. I'm hoping she finds it as adorable and funny as I thought she would. I'm second guessing that right now, for sure. Just as I'm considering chucking the sign in the trash, I see the blonde I've grown so fond of heading towards me. The smile she's wearing is enough to make the worry vanish.

      Oh, wait. She's actually running at me. Shit. Next thing I know she's jumping into my arms, making me step back a bit. Luckily I noticed and was prepared to catch her.

      "I'm happy to see you too." I let out a laugh as I place her down, looking for the luggage she must have ditched when she saw me, grabbing it when I find it.

      "You have no idea. I really did miss you. Life is boring without you." My heart warms a bit knowing she missed me too. And that she was bored with out me.

      "I could not agree more. I'm the life of the party. Or maybe the party of life? The point is; I'm fun."

      She laughs at me, fair enough. "See, this is what I missed. Now let's get our asses out of here and find some food. I'm starving."

      I grab her hand with my free one as I'm still carrying her luggage; I'm good like that. "Okay, not to alarm you, but you sound like me."

      Again we laugh, falling back into our old ways like we were never apart. Friendship really is a beautiful thing.

————————

      Between jamming out to some music and talking, the car ride back to Yelena's parents house flew by. Again, I grabbed her bags, lugging them inside.  We were immediately greeted by Melina and Alexei, who hugged us both.

      "Ah! My girls!"

      "Okay, dad, I can't breath."

      I couldn't either, but the gesture was nice. I don't get hugged often. Ech, don't get all sad on me, I'm fine.

      He releases us, grabbing the bag from me to bring it to Yelena's room. As he walks away, he shouts over his shoulder, "you're staying for dinner, right Spencer?"

      Yelena looks to me with hopeful eyes. I was hoping they'd ask. Man, how could I say no to that face? "Of course I'll stay."

———————

      Yelena has been back for a few days now and has told us she plans on staying here and leaving only as she's required for jobs. I guess her boss didn't think it's be a bad idea for her to make her home base here, as long as she was still working and able to go when called.

       I'm sure as hell not complaining. We're going out for drinks tonight in celebration. I'm going to ask if she wants to live with me. I have a spare room, and it's got to be better than living with her parents? It should work, at least, until she finds a more permanent solution.

      Which brings me to my bedroom where I'm trying to figure out the right outfit for tonight. I'm not going to pull anyone, but I like to keep my options open.

      I decide on some dark blue jeans, white lace shirt, and a black blazer. I don't know if I like it or not, but it's too late. Yelena is knocking on my door. I quickly put on various rings before grabbing my shoes and heading to the door.

      She's gorgeous. A tight black dress hugs her perfect curves and her hair is loose but curled. If I wasn't her best friend, we wouldn't be leaving the house. Nope, stop.