Chapter Thirty Five

Spencer's POV

   Shit. Fuck. Bloody hell. How in the damn hell do I keep running into avenger people? Why is the black widow standing inside of Melinas' house? Oh no. No no no no no. She's here to take me.. Or.. oh shit. Yelena's' sister. Do not fucking tell me black widow is Yelena's sister.

    Damn, I have such bad luck. Or good luck? I mean I'm glad it's black widow because I'm a huge fan. Remember how I mentioned she's beautiful? Yeah, that doesn't do her justice. So part of me is shell shocked that I'm this close to her.

   The other part of me is freaking the fuck out because I'm about to have dinner with BLACK WIDOW. I feel like I might burst at the seems. How am I suppose to act normal? She could turn me in. She could figure me out. I could slip up.

   Shit shit shit. I can't breath.

What if she is really just here to take me? I slipped up somewhere and now it's over.

   "Spencer. Hey, are you okay?"

   Thankfully Yelena pulled me away from the people and into her room. I didn't notice. She helps me get my breathing back to normal before she starts with the questions.

   "Are you okay? What happened? I know she's good looking, but damn."

   She gets me to laugh as she always does. But that does not fix the situation.

   "How did it slip that your sister is black widow?! Cause she is right? That's why she's here? Or did she figure it all out and this is a set up? She's here to take me in?"

    "Breathe Spence. She is my sister, she's not here to take you. You know I wouldn't let that happen. You're safe. I'm sorry I didn't bring it up before. I guess I just liked having a friend for me and not because they wanted to know her." She takes a moment to breath before running her hands through her hair and then continuing on, "I know given the situation you should have known. But I thought I'd have time to tell you before you met and then she just showed up and I'm so sorry.."

   She's starting to ramble and her lip is quivering. I do not want her to cry.

   I cup her face as I go to calm her down, "hey, hey. Don't go there. I'm sorry I freaked out. I just panicked because she's an avenger. I know there's no way for her to know and I don't blame you for not telling me. But you should know you're my number one. I love you for you, kid."

    She had rested her hands on my forearms as I talked, then brought our foreheads together as I stopped. We took a moment to just breath.

"You ready to go back out?" I ask her.

   With a laugh she replies, "shouldn't I ask you that?"

   "Yeah well, I beat you to it."

   We chuckle before standing up and walking back to the living room.

   "Sorry, I uh just needed a moment. Guess you hugged me a little tighter than I thought," I say as I approach Alexei and give him a love punch which he barely notices.

   "Hey! You wanted a longer hug!"

   "I know big guy, I'm just messing with you." I laugh at him. Oops.

   "Alright enough, let's go eat, the food is going to get cold."

   With Melinas instructions I sprint the rest of the way to the kitchen table, very much ready to devour some good food.