Chapter One Hundred Forty Two

Spencers POV

The rest of the trip at Clints was wonderful. The kids really got a kick out of my powers, Laura even came outside to see for herself. We had a lovely lunch that I did help with, though she still wanted to make it to the compound for a meal done solely by me.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

We left shortly after lunch so they could get back to their lives and so we'd be back home for dinner.

After teleporting us back to our room, I got busy unpacking.

"See, now you have to unpack everything."

I look over to her. "You forget I can teleport things?"

Soon enough I had everything taken care of, I turn to her with a smug look.

She rolls her eyes at me.

She changes the subject. "So before we go down to the madhouse, can we please just lay here for a while?" She then lays on the bed.

I smile, walking over to her slowly before laying down next to her. I open my arms and she lays her head on my chest.

Just a small moment of bliss before going back to our crazy family.

——————

Fast forward about another month? Yeah, that seems about right.

We have settled in at the compound nicely. It's not a permanent place for us, but it'll work for now.

Oh, I picture our own house, close to the compound because I know Nat won't want to leave, big yard with a whole bunch of trees where I can build a treehouse for our kids..

I know I'm a little ahead of myself, but I can't help it. Knowing I'm about to propose to Nat makes everything feel right in reach.

Speaking of, I received a phone call from Lorenzos letting me know that Nats ring was ready for me.

So yeah, shit is about to get real.

I have to go pick up the ring and I'm going to Luigi's to get another suit.

He's going to tailor the perfect suit for me for the proposal.

I'm so excited.

Yelena is going with me. We're going to make a day of it.

No suspicion from Nat either.

      It's not abnormal for Yelena and I to spend a day together. And she has to help Fury with something. So we should be home free.

      I had made breakfast for everyone; waffles with the works. Figured I might as well introduce them to the tradition.  

       "Lady Spencer, breakfast was delicious. I especially loved the frosting and berries. Excellent idea," Thor tells me as he finishes his food. He went for thirds.

       "Thank you! Yelena and I kind of made it a tradition after we watched Shrek." 

       "What is Shrek?" Thor questions. Okay.. he is from Asgard. It would make sense that he doesn't really know..

       "Is Shrek like a movie or a tv show?" Wanda asks.

       A few others speak up, also not knowing what I'm talking about.

       "Okay, really? Next movie night, we're watching Shrek. Had I known you hadn't watched the movie, I would have waited to make this breakfast until you had so that you could appreciate the meaning."