Chapter Eleven

Carols POV

      Am I going to test my girlfriend? Yes. Should I? I mean probably not but I'm spiraling a little. Besides it's a simple question. It's her answer that will determine how well it goes.

      I nervously bite my nails in the living room until I hear her opening the door. It takes her a few minutes before she gets in here, assumedly taking care of her stuff first.

      "Oh, hey babe. I didn't think you'd be home yet!" She breaks into a large grin and runs to me, jumping into my arms.

      I give in a little and embrace her, I can't just cut her out cold. She gives me a long kiss before placing her feet back on the ground. "Yeah, turns out it was just a false alarm. So I came right back home."

      "Stinks you had to leave for nothing but I'm glad you're back early! I hate when you leave. I never know when you're coming back." That sad face. I can't.

      She's making it really hard to be mad at her. I better just ask now before I back out completely. "You know I hate having to be away from you. So what did you do today? I was kind of bored here without you." I laugh a little trying to ease my tension.

       "I'm sorry babe, I wish you told me you were coming home early so I could have been home!"

      She didn't answer my question. I don't like the evasion. And she's a little jittery. Not looking good. "Well I did text you, but that's okay. You must have been busy." I'm trying to pull the answers out of her.

      "Oh, you did? Huh, weird. Oh, that's right. I left my phone at home. Oops. You know how I'm always misplacing it. But uh, I didn't really do much. Just kind of took a stroll around town. It was a nice day."

       Damn it, Spencer. I guess it wasn't a complete lie. She was looking everywhere in this room but at me. It's possible that she left her phone, she does forget it a lot. But she also didn't mention that Wanda was with her. There's only one reason why she didn't. You don't sneak around with a very close 'friend' while you're girlfriends away and then not tell her about it unless you're cheating.

       I knew Spencer wasn't use to this whole relationship thing, and I've been lenient, but I would think not cheating would be obvious.

      "Huh. So you just walked around all day by yourself with no phone?" I tried staying calm not giving away my anger. I wanted to be clear on her lie before I pounced.

      "Yup. Just kind of figured it'd be nice to be present, ya know? Just be a little more in nature?"

       She is failing at this lying thing. She's even questioning herself. "Hm, that does sound like it would be nice."

       "Oh yeah! It totally was. Well I'm going to get changed the maybe we can hang by the pool?" She is still talking through her ass. And as much as I want to see her in a bikini, I'm not letting her off that easily.

      "So it wasn't Wanda who I saw with you before you came inside?" I tried to sound innocent as I asked her this.

       She visibly gulped but still tried to keep up appearances. "What? Oh no, yeah, that was her." At least she's didn't try to deny that. "She stopped by for lunch but had to get back. Forgot about that. And I'm sure if we knew you were home she would have come in to say hello!"

       Yeah I'm so sure she would have. Come say hi to the girlfriend of the girl you're cheating with? I don't think so. I mean I might believe that she just stopped by for lunch as I did see them at the restaurant. But she has already lied about her being here so I can't believe that.