Chapter Sixty Eight

Nats POV

        Spencer and Wanda talked for a few more minutes before Wanda went to make sure everyone found the food, though I have no doubt that they did. They're like blood hounds when it comes to food.

      We had a few moments to ourselves where we just held each other.

      Then Spencer had another guest. Because, let's face it, they're coming in to see her and not me.

       "Hey Spence. Good to see you're still on this side of the dirt,"  Yelena jokes.

       "Well I couldn't go under just yet, I know you'd miss me too much," Spencer teases right back.

       "Yeah, I would," Yelena says with some tears. Everyone is so damn emotional this morning, it's making me emotional. Yes, that's the only reason why.

       "Well, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon," Spencer comforts, signaling Yelena to give her a hug, so I move out of the way.

       Once Yelena stands back up she lets us know, "the boys wanted to see you. I told them after they ate so you had time to wake up. Sorry, once they saw I wasn't in here, they knew something was up."

      "No need to apologize. Thank you for making sure they didn't come barging in here right away," Spencer says chuckling.

"No problem. I do have a couple of other people that were hoping to see you before everyone comes crashing in," Yelena says with a smile.

"Who?" Spencer asks.

  Yelena doesn't respond, she just steps out of the way so Spencer could see Alexei and Melina walk in.

Spencer instantly has tears falling down her face which I wipe away. "You're both here?"

"Of course, dear. We weren't going to leave until we knew you were okay," Melina says as she walks in the room.

"Wait, you've been here the whole time?" Spencer asks incredulously.

      "Of course. You think we were going to leave our daughter behind?" Alexei bellows.

       Once again pushing Spencer on the daughter thing, I punch him in the arm.

    "Hey! What was that for?"

      I answer with a glare. He shakes his head and turns back to Spencer. "So, I suppose you can't have any hugs?"

      "Bullshit! Come over here big guy," Spencer says as she sits up, opening her arms for Alexei to hug her.

       "I knew you'd be okay. My girls are strong," Alexei whispers but I'm close enough to hear. I smile at the thought, giving up on trying to stop him.

       "I am so thankful you guys are here. You don't know what it means to have your support," Spencer says.

        "We told you that you were apart of this family. That isn't going to change. Besides. You've saved our daughters," Melina says, looking between Yelena and I. What does she mean?

       "What do you mean?" I ask, my curiosity getting the better of me.

       "We know she saved Yelena's life well before this happened, and we are so grateful for that and what she did. But she also saved you, Natasha. We can see the difference. You are our daughter, you know," Melina explains with some tears in her eyes.

      I can't hide it. She really did save me.

      So we fall into conversation with Yelena, Alexei and Melina for a little while and I could tell how happy Yelena and my parents are to have her alive. I think we all are.