Chapter Ninety Five

Spencers POV

We made it through that weird game and back to Nats room, thankfully.

Now I get to find out what's really bothering Nat.

"Love. Can we talk a second?"

"Mhm" that's all I get.

"Okay. Did I do something? Are you mad at me?"

She lets out a long breath before sitting on the bed. I take the opportunity to sit next to her. She leans into me automatically.

"I just know there's others out there you could have that would be better than me and.."

"No. No one is better than you. I don't want anyone else. No one is you and there is no other you. If I haven't shown that or told you that enough lately, I'm sorry I.."

"No. No. You are wonderful. I just heard some of the others talking and.."

I'm immediately put on edge. "What were they saying?" If it was something bad about Nat, so help me..

"Nothing bad about me." She must have read my mind. "They were saying how hot you were and how they wish you were single.. and I couldn't help but wonder if I was holding you back."

"No. You don't hold me back, Nat. Not from anything. Not even close." I take a moment to get on my knees in front of her so I can catch her line of vision.

"I don't want to be single. I don't want to date anyone else or hook up with anyone. I would be missing out on you. I have everything with you. You are my everything. I promise you, Nat. I really mean it when I say I want you in my future. You are my future."

"Thank you, bub. I really want you as my future, too. I'm sorry I keep questioning it. I just.. I couldn't bare to lose you. When Carol came back.. I thought.. I thought I was losing you. And that tore me apart. I wouldn't make it if you left me," she opens up.

"I'm not going anywhere, Nat. You aren't going to lose me. I'm here. I'm with you. I'm yours. And you really don't have to apologize."

"Okay.."

"Hey." I lift her chin up so I can look at her.

"Natalia Alianova Romanova. I. Love. You. You have my heart. You have my soul. They're yours. I. Am. Yours," I tell her softly.

She finally smiles, pulling me into her and onto the bed.

——————

It's morning. Why am I awake so early? Tony. Tony wanted me to come down to the lab. So I am mindlessly throwing on some clothes so I can make it to the lab.

Thankfully it didn't wake Nat up. I kiss her head before teleporting to the lab.

"Morning sunshine!"

"No. I'm not awake yet," I tell Tony, holding up my hand for emphasis.

"Coffee?"

"Ew. Gross," I cringe.

"Did you just say coffee is gross?"

"Yes. Because it is."

"It's true. You really aren't human."

"Really? I thought the inhuman powers gave that away," I give him some sass.

He just sticks his tongue out at me. So I stick my tongue out.